The Hummingbird Bakery builds on its success with the opening of its second outlet in the Middle East
The Hummingbird Bakery also launches full delivery service in Dubai
Dubai, UAE – 6 October 2013 – The Hummingbird Bakery, home of authentic quality baking in London, is pleased to announce the launch of its second outlet in Dubai. Located in The City Walk, Jumeirah, guests will be invited to indulge in the array of delightful American-inspired sweet treats and desserts, baked on-site every morning.
The celebrated brand is also introducing its speedy delivery service to Dubai, so that fans can enjoy the comforts of true home-style baking without making a trip to a bakery. The signature Hummingbird Bakery van can facilitate deliveries across greater Dubai and will ensure that all orders are refrigerated upon arrival. For birthdays, events, or to treat someone special, clients simply need to choose a cake and select a delivery date for deliciousness made easy.
Franchise partner, Gourmet Gulf first introduced the brand to the Middle East one year ago, when it opened its doors in the Dubai Mall at the end of September 2012. The Hummingbird Bakery has since established itself as a market leader for freshly baked goods, and prides itself on its philosophy that cakes taste best when they’ve been freshly baked, using exactly the same ingredients and techniques as those used in the home.
Signature favourites include the mouth watering Red Velvet, Black Bottom, Chocolate and Vanilla variations, as well as the newly introduced multi-coloured Rainbow Cake. From cupcakes, layer cakes, brownies and cheesecakes, guests can experience first hand why the brand has gained such an iconic status, with a host of celebrity supporters including Gwyneth Paltrow, Rihanna and Stella McCartney.
Each branch of The Hummingbird Bakery has it own kitchen and a team of resident expert bakers and cake decorators, which enables it to bake-to-order and to only offer customers cakes that have been lovingly hand baked and decorated from scratch each day. Also, for those looking for something extra special, The Hummingbird Bakery offers a bespoke cupcakes and cakes service. From a box of hand-decorated birthday cupcakes to an exquisite multi-tiered bespoke wedding cake, the consultation service offers luxury tailor-made cakes and cupcakes for any occasion.
To celebrate the opening of its second branch, The Hummingbird Bakery will be giving away a spectacular 8-inch Rainbow Cake to its first visitor and thereafter, a complimentary coffee with the purchase of any cupcake. Open from 7am to midnight, clients can also order over the phone by dialling 800-HBIRD or online at www.hummingbirdbakery.ae using the brand’s interactive service.
Of the opening, AJ Kumaran, Chief Operations Officer of Gourmet Gulf comments, “We are absolutely thrilled to be bringing a second Hummingbird Bakery to Dubai, that will allow us to swiftly build on the success of our first outlet. We feel that The Hummingbird Bakery offers a fresh and unique offering, both in terms of the character of the brand and the exceptionally high quality of its products. We look forward to further expansion in the Middle East, starting with Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. We als hope that our state-of-the-art delivery service will facilitate fulfilling sweet tooth cravings of our loyal fans”.
About The Hummingbird Bakery
The Hummingbird Bakery is an American-style bakery founded in 2004 to bring the authentic taste of American home baking to London. The company has five branches, which are situated in Notting Hill, South Kensington, Soho, Spitalfields and Islington. All of The Hummingbird Bakery’s products are sold fresh and are baked on-site by hand throughout the day. ‘The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook’, published by Ryland Peters & Small in 2009, has sold more than 650,000 copies. ‘The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days’, the second Hummingbird Bakery cookbook, is published by HarperCollins and was released on 17th March 2011. It has already sold more than 130,000 copies. The Hummingbird Bakery is a privately held, self-funded company.
History of The Hummingbird Bakery
- Spring 2004: First branch is opened in Portobello Road. It sells 250 cupcakes in its first day of trading
- Summer 2004: The cupcake craze takes hold. Celebrities, newspaper columnists, diarists and visitors from all over the UK flood to the bakery to experience cupcakes for themselves
- May 2007: The Hummingbird Bakery on Portobello Road has outgrown itself and no longer has the capacity to serve its growing customer base. A new branch is opened in South Kensington to meet with cupcake demand
- May 2009: ‘The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook’ is published by Ryland Peters & Small. Within the same year the cookbook achieves sales exceeding 100,000
- December 2009: The Hummingbird Bakery opens its third branch, this time in Soho
- December 2010: For the first time in its history, The Hummingbird Bakery sells in excess of 1 million cupcakes in under 12 months
- March 2011: ‘The Hummingbird Bakery Cake Days’ is published by HarperCollins. In less than a week of sales it enters the non-fiction top 10
- May 2011: The Hummingbird Bakery expands into the East of London with the opening of its fourth branch in Spitalfields
- January 2012: The Hummingbird Bakery’s Islington branch opens just eight months after its previous branch launch
- September 2012: The Hummingbird Bakery announces its first international Franchise partner: Daud Arabian
· February 2013: ‘Home Sweet Home’, The Hummingbird Bakery’s third cookbook is published by HarperCollins. Within two week’s of sales, it goes to number one in the hardback non-fiction chart