TRAIN LIKE A CHAMPION ON THE ROAD AT THE SHERATON JUMEIRAH BEACH RESORT & TOWERS Resort Now Features State-of-the-Art Gym
Sheraton Hotels & Resorts Teams up with Core Performance to Roll-Out Revolutionary Health and Fitness Program in 130 Hotels by Year End
Dubai, UAE – 03, November 2010 – Fitness and travel go hand-in-hand, whether you’re the German soccer team traveling to South Africa or a frequent business traveller jetting coast-to-coast. Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort & Towers is rolling out its new fitness programme that allows guests use the strategies developed by the leading experts in pro-athlete training to become the ultimate road warrior.
Core Performance, developed by Athletes’ Performance, the global leader in performance training, nutrition, and physical therapy– and Sheraton are proud to announce the global roll-out of “Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core Performance”. This alliance marks the first time that Core Performance is partnering with a hotel company to create customized training and nutrition programmes for travellers. As part of Sheraton’s $6 billion USD global revitalization, 60 hotels already feature the new fitness offering with an additional 70 coming on board globally before the end of 2010. All Sheraton hotels around the world will feature Sheraton Fitness by end of 2011.
The statistics are conclusive. Travellers require programmes specifically designed for their health and fitness needs on the road:
· 25% of business travellers experience physical stress while flying
· 40% of business travellers skip breakfast
· Lack of sleep has led 23% of travellers to fall asleep in a meeting and 14% to miss a meeting or a flight
· Travellers who exercise are more alert and perform at a higher level
With these statistics in mind, Mark Verstegen, Founder of Core Performance and Athletes’ Performance, designed a holistic programme exclusively for Sheraton guests, which is derived from the same training methodology used by professional athletes. The programme helps travellers train and eat healthy on the road, as well as refresh, recharge and refocus their minds and bodies. So whether you work out every day or just want to take advantage of the nutrition programmes and health tips, “Sheraton Fitness Programmed by Core Performance” will help Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort & Towers guests feel and perform better.
“Mark Verstegen’s Athletes’ Performance methodology has been used to train many of the world’s top athletes and Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort & Towers is proud to partner with an organization that can bring this level of world-class fitness and nutrition expertise to our guests. Also we have a personal trainer at our gym to ensure that our guest has the proper supervision as well” said Dany Dagher the General Manager of the resort. “Fitness and travel go hand in hand and we have heard from our guests that working out are a priority when they are on the road.”
· First Class Fitness Centers featuring Life Fitness Designed for the Top Performers in Life: Core Performance has developed a state-of-the-art gym experience tailored specifically to the needs of frequent travellers. Since travellers have different needs when they are on the road, the new fitness centers feature time-efficient training programmes - 20 to 30 minute “themed” workouts - designed by Core Performance to work with busy travel schedules. DELETE as EAME use different vendors
· Online Training, After Check-Out: Guests can access Sheraton Fitness online at Sheratonfitness.com, which features online training programmes created by Core Performance and health/nutrition tips. This allows guests to download workouts and follow the Core Performance programmes both at home and on the road – eliminating any disruption to their fitness regimen. Core Performance is also offering Sheraton guests a free three-week trial to the online training at CorePerformance.com, which provides customized training regimes based on guests’ goals.
· Sheraton Core Performance Meeting Breaks: Developed together with Core Performance, Sheraton Hotels will soon offer an healthy menu options for meeting breaks which aims to boost the energy level of meeting delegates to help them being at their best throughout the day. In 2011 this will be followed by a full Sheraton FIT Meetings programme which will add techniques to keep the mind and body sharp, and customizable group workout options.
“We’re excited to partner with Sheraton to unveil this unique, co-branded programme that touches multiple elements of a guest’s lifestyle, both in and out of the hotel, and helps them compete in the game of life,” said Mark Verstegen, Founder and Chairman of Core Performance and Athletes’ Performance. “Travel takes its toll on all of us and we are dedicated to working with Sheraton to offer innovative solutions that will enhance the overall health of guests.”
About Mark Verstegen and Core Performance
Mark Verstegen is the Founder of Core Performance and Athletes’ Performance, the global leader in performance training, nutrition, and physical therapy for elite athletes and teams. In addition to his roles at Athletes’ Performance and Core Performance, Mark is the Director of Performance for the NFL Players’ Association and the author of five Core Performance books, including Core Performance Essentials and Core Performance Golf. Mark is featured regularly in Men’s Health and Outside Magazine, and speaks regularly internationally about helping executives, athletes, and consumers alike achieve their performance goals.
Under Mark’s leadership, Athletes’ Performance has trained some to today’s top athletes including major champions in basketball, hockey, tennis, and golf. Core Performance has become the industry leader in proactive wellness, delivering comprehensive, measurable solutions to consumers, corporations, and executives alike.
For more information please visit www.sheratonfitness.com.
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1000 properties in nearly 100 countries and territories with 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and Element SM. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
# # #
For more information, please contact:
Sales / PR Coordinator
t — 971.4.315 3618
SHERATON JUMEIRAH BEACH RESORT & TOWERS
Sufouh Road, P.O Box 53567, Dubai, United Arab Emirates