PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To supervise service and wait staff, as well as service guests within the restaurant to maximise guest satisfaction and food and beverage profitability. All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines, food and beverage sales and marketing plan, the restaurant business plan, and corporate guidelines and service concepts.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SUPERVISE SERVICE AND WAITSTAFF AND SERVICE GUESTS IN THE RESTAURANT TO MAXIMISE SATISFACTION AND PROFITABILITY
- Ensures that guests receive quality service by providing work direction for restaurant staff.
- Supervises wait staff and bus persons, verifying that their workstations are stocked neat and orderly.
- Ensures that the dining room is ready for guests by checking overall condition of restaurant regularly.
- Ensures that restaurant premises is in neat and orderly condition at all times.
- Provides guests with quality service by monitoring staff assignments and responsiveness.
- Performs all service duties of the restaurant.
- Coaches staff to achieve restaurant revenue goals .
- Actively pushes high profit food and beverage items, and informs staff of such to increase sales.
- Greets and seats guests, and makes sure that they receive prompt, courteous and efficient service.
- Seeks appropriate opportunities to communicate with guests to personalise the restaurant service.
- Keeps restaurant premises, FF&E, silver, glass, porcelain etc. clean and in good working order.
- Ensures readiness and compliance among all staff.
- Utilises supervisory skills, effective communication, and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction.