PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Assists the Executive Housekeeper in obtaining the highest quality of cleanliness in the hotel, and to provide efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble free and proactive service to customers; hence maximising guest satisfaction. All work will be in line with departmental guidelines, the departmental business plan, and the Hotel Group’s corporate guidelines and service concepts.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OBTAIN HIGHEST QUALITY OF CLEANLINESS AND SERVICE
- Prepares schedules as requested, and in accordance with forecasted occupancy
- Keeps self updated on available rooms, including maintenance and early/late check-ins and check-outs, and communicates information to Room Attendants
- Supervises the daily activities of the housekeeping staff
- Conducts daily and random inspections of the guest rooms, and other housekeeping areas as requested by the Executive Housekeeper
- Informs Executive Housekeeper about accurate room status
- Helps and checks that Room Attendants maintain furnishing, facilities and equipment in the cleanest possible condition, and ensures that repair and maintenance is executed when needed
- Brings all needs for repair to the attention of the Executive Housekeeper
- Purchases approved, cost effective chemicals and other operating supplies as required
- Attests requisition orders for housekeeping equipment and supplies
- Handles the daily inventory keeping and disbursement for all linen, uniforms, cleaning supplies, guest rooms and rest rooms supplies, laundry supplies, and housekeeping related machinery and equipment
- Supervises all rotational and special cleaning programmes
- Handles “Lost and Found” on a daily basis
- Checks “in house” or “stay over” rooms
- Fills out maintenance orders as needed
- Checks linen closets and carts for cleanliness and supplies
- Helps the Executive Housekeeper keep track of uniforms for employees
- Checks, equips and stocks VIP rooms according to instruction
- Knows all housekeeping procedures to be a resource when needed
- Confers closely with the Executive Housekeeper, and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the position in order to fill in where needed
- Is aware of departmental costs; takes action to control labour, amenities and supply costs
- Keeps Executive Housekeeper aware and updated
Candidate should preferably have previous experience in a similar role with reputed hospitality organizations.
Good English communication skills Positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow
Attractive salary and benefits offered for the right candidate. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply online with your CV urgently.