Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Ramee Group of Hotels, Resorts & Apartments
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
Salary Description: "Competitive Salary Offered"
Job Description For Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering is responsible for all administrative, financial, and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly relate to the engineering division. He/she is responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
Directs the Engineering staff, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control, and human resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise all Chief engineers of all units, Standard Operating Procedures, and Loss Prevention Standards.
- Create, approve and post all chief engineer’s schedules according to Hotel standards.
- Create and adhere to the annual engineering budget for all hotels.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings for all hotels.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, and state laws.
- Reduce company spending on AMCs, and govern centrally.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment and rooms.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested, and certified per Hotel standards for the group.
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the group to minimize expenses.
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Makes, recommendations for CAPEX funding of building projects and plant equipment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy.
- Meets with architects to discuss blueprints, contacts contractors to submit bids for new projects, and meets with construction supervisors to discuss different phases of work.
Project Planning & Execution:
- Must know the successful design of the project
- Holds expertise in designing and implementing of systems for fire protection systems, building automation, and energy conservation, providing energy-efficient solutions to projects depending upon their scale and requirement
- Help in designing, purchasing, and installing heavy equipment during the project phase
- Understanding of compliances needed from the project phase to running a building
- Must work throughout the whole project life cycle bringing benefits to the project
- Efficient at providing rapid feedback to queries and helping in faster movement of the construction process.
- Holds extensive expertise in HVAC delivering effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly solutions to ensure a smooth outcome and providing efficient heating, cooling, and ventilation systems.
- Ensures that all the electrical connections are safe, secure, and positioned where they should be.
- Ensures that lighting and electrification should be designed to enhance the aesthetic beauty of the project
- Ensures, the application of proper technology and the right materials in designing and installing plumbing networks.
- Ensures that fire alarm systems meet the project requirements and standards set by the industry
- Ensures seamless communication between the company, the construction firm, and the Design firm confirming design and installations are in line with the concept and scope of the project.
Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering with a positive attitude, Good communication skills, and Committed to delivering a high level of customer service. HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations, and general maintenance skills are required.
Bachelor/Diploma, in Electrical or Civil engineering, preferred.
Minimum of 15 years of experience as engineer – MEP