Industry : Other Industry
Department : Front of House
Location : Portmarnock, Ireland
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 02 Aug 2022
Job Role : Assistant Front Office Manager
Recruiter : Sandman Hotel Group
Job Ref : HOZ10777
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-13
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To direct and manage the Front Office Team, to ensure an efficient, prompt, courteous , and proactive service is provided to all guests, whilst ensuring that Hotel & Golf Procedures are followed at all times.
To ensure the highest standards of guest care and customer satisfaction are maintained at all times, hence maximising rooms revenue.
1. To carry out all tasks in accordance with procedures as outlined in the Front Office Standards Manuals.
2. To ensure all tasks and checklists are actioned and completed during shift.
3. To have a comprehensive knowledge and actively promote all hotel & golf facilities.
4. To ensure the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness of the Front Office is maintained at all times.
5. Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems to determine and ensure the hotel & golf links is competitive in the market place.
6. Participates in development of recognition programmes for staff, advertising and promotional programs and campaigns to increase market awareness and penetration.
7. Controls and analyses departmental costs on an ongoing basis and takes action to control negative deviation.
8. Plans and co-ordinates in-house activities and package plans together with Resident Manager and other senior managers as required.
9. Checks the arrival list, conference guest list and VIP list to ensure that Department Managers and the General Manager recognises VIP's and special guests.
10. Analyses the rate variance to ensure proper room rate and revenue control.
11. Duty Manager Shifts.
1. Maintain Guest Ledger.
2. Bring any issues to the attention of the Resident Manager.
3. Produce weekly invoice and statement runs.
4. Issue Trial Balance, Managers and Guest Ledger reports.
1. To bring customer comments and issues to the attention of the Resident Manager and the relevant Department Manager.
2. To maintain effective communications with all Departments.
3. Delivering the highest standards of guest care and customer satisfaction throughout their stay in alignment with Preferred Hotel standards, AA standards and internal SOPs.
4. To identify maintenance issues and report accordingly in Opera and follow through.
1. To ensure departmental members are conversant with and aware of Quality Standards and that those standards are fully implemented.
2. Utilises leadership skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction
3. Monitors hotel's overall service and team work daily, and makes recommendations for improvement to Resident Manager and relevant Department Manager.
4. Challenges employees within department to achieve optimum yield management, occupancy and average room rate to maximise room revenue.
5. Selection of potential staff in co-ordination with Human Resources.
6. Assess training needs, develop training plans and train departmental members to meet customer needs and staff development.
7. Fosters and develops effective employee relations throughout the Hotel & Golf Links.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. To have full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Hotel & Golf Links Fire and Health and Safety Procedures.
2. To complete all duties and tasks with due care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other employees and guests.
3. To ensure the highest standards of personal presentation whilst wearing the company supplied uniform, in accordance with Department Standards Manual.
4. To report, and where necessary, take action on incidents, accidents, fire, loss or damage.