Front of House
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
CAD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Bellperson / Security
Sandman Hotels requires an energetic Bellperson/Security responsible for providing for the comfort and service for guests of the hotel by ensuring that guest luggage is delivered or stored in a timely manner and offer assistance to guests upon request. The Bellperson/ Security will promote a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests. The Bellperson/Security must understand his/her role as brand ambassador and provide positive brand experiences to all customers.
Sandman Hotels offer competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- A minimum of one year customer service.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including 3 graveyard shifts per week, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to multi task and have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- A willingness to learn, develop and expand skills and knowledge for self-development.
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Ability to follow instruction
- Ability to work independently
- Professional appearance and manners
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Responding to guest inquiries and calls for assistance.
- Delivering guest faxes, packages, flowers etc.
- Organizing luggage assistance for individuals as well as group tours
- Ensuring compliance with all safety and statutory regulations and laws.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager
- Patrols - Security must move around to patrol the various parts of the property. Check the doors and stairwells to make sure the locks are secure and no danger is lurking. Guards must patrol outdoors as well as room hallways and activity areas, such as the pool area. Keep up patrols and maintain communication through radios.
- Response - Respond to complaints and calls for help. Be prepared to rush to a potentially dangerous scene and calm the guests or control a situation until the local police can arrive.
- Escorts - Escort unruly patrons from the property. Loiterers not registered at the hotel may need an escort off the property, particularly if they are harassing guests.
- Administrative Duties - After each shift, must fill in a report and communicate all activity encountered during working time.
- Demonstrates emergency procedures and protocols; provides First Aid to guests and employees.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group
takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.