Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Chef the Partie
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working with us, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
The successful candidate will support and assists the Executive Chef and contribute to the smooth operation of our Banquet functions. Responsibilities will include: training and supervision of team members, scheduling, preparing requisitions and orders for supplies and food items for production, preparing and cooking full course and/or individual meals, monitoring food quality and acting in accordance with The Sandman Hotel Group standards.
- Ensuring professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues to do the same
- Motivating the team to actively share ideas, feedback and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensuring all kitchen team members are trained to have full knowledge of all relevant menu items, along with the standards and expectations
- Continually striving to improve food preparation processes and presentations
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage and support education of the team on this subject
- Other duties as assigned
This is an excellent opportunity for a results-oriented, motivated individual with strong leadership qualities and the ability to integrate well into a strong team environment. Specific requirements include:
- Previous hands-on culinary leadership experience in a similar, high volume environment
- The ability to develop team members and lead by example
- Above & Beyond Guest Service skills
- Flexibility in schedule, highly reliable & responsible
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Red Seal or equivalent
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
Physical Aspects of Position include (but not limited to):
- Standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling & lifting
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Ireland to apply.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**