Job Role :
Director of Marketing and Sales
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
CAD 12,000 to 20,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Sales - Manitoba & Saskatchewan
We pride ourselves in achieving exceptional results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the superior science of hotel management with the art and professionalism of hospitality. Are you seeking a successful company to grow with? Do you have what it takes to grow with us?
- Lead the regional sales team in an effective manner
- Provide sales training to the regional sales team to ensure company expectations are met.
- Develop and maintain sales plans to achieve budget/ benchmarks in collaboration with the Sales Managers and Director of Operations.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed hotel revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Schedules and completes sales meetings.
- Organizes, maintains, and tracks sales data.
- Completes requests of Director of Operations and other management personnel, as applicable.
- Cover Sales Manager position when needed due to vacation, illness, or vacancy.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all sales team members in the region to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Coordinate/ attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings on behalf of the region.
- Maintains accurate records of sales activities, results, reporting and correspondence in Maximizer
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships, be creative & energetic
- Prepare sales proposals to clients incorporating clearly defined terms and conditions.
- A minimum of two years DOS or Senior Sales experience and an excellent network of contacts are required to succeed in this position.
- Provide direction to the regional sales team to ensure a structured culture of goal setting and accountability via weekly one-on-ones, regional revenue and sales meetings.
- Provide development of the regional sales team including recruitment, training, development and appraising performance as well as planning and directing work assignments of personnel.
- Research & develop new corporate business for the region through direct outside & inside Sales efforts.
- Conduct cold calls and prospecting on potential clients.
- Attend industry events and trade shows.
- Prepare proposals and contracts.
- Complete weekly sales reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the Sales & Marketing plans.
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure effective marketing material for the region.
- 2+ years Senior Sales Manager experience
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management would be an asset.
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite and Maximizer.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self.
- Team rates from $59 per night
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- u00bd price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- RRSP Matching for eligible employees
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care (after 3 months of full-time service)
- HumanaCare - free mental health support & counselling
- Employment milestone rewards
- Ongoing employee events, incentives and recognition
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group
takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.