Front of House
Job Role :
Guest Services Associate
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
CAD 12,000 to 20,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Guest Service Agent
First impressions count, right? We think so too! The Guest Service Agent is the face of our hotels. You're a people-pleaser who loves to go above and beyond to exceed the needs of our guests. You'll wear many hats-from meeter and greeter to problem-defeater. At Sandman Hotel Group, we recognize this vital role with a competitive compensation package and flexible schedule. We're also pleased to encourage personal development and real career growth, which means the sky's the limit. We know you'd love to hear about our perks-incredible team rates and discounts at all 7 of our restaurant brands is just the beginning! With over 60 hotels (and growing!) there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
- 1 year of experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk Preferred
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft and Maestro software packages
- To provide a warm, welcoming and friendly environment
- Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
- Luggage assistance
- Issues room keys, pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
- Answers various questions from guests and arranges transportation for guests.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Book telephone reservations
- Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, gift certificates, and wireless internet cards with departing shift.
- Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours
- Check all unresolved departures.
- Ensure front desk is stocked with any items guests may require before housekeeping leaves for the day.
- Write all wake-up call requests on specified form and enter on switchboard.
- Complete welcome calls.
- Clean and tidy front desk area.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
- Observe and report any security issues to the Manager.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
- Team rates from $59 per night
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- u00bd price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- RRSP Matching for eligible employees
- HumanaCare - free mental health support & counselling
- Employment milestone rewards
- Ongoing employee events, incentives and recognition
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group
takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.