Job Role :
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
CAD 12,000 to 20,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Housekeeping Room Attendant
We celebrate Housekeeping Room Attendants as the heart of our hotels. Without you, we simply could not open. Your passion for cleanliness and eagle-eye for detail really help to set us apart, and your commitment to friendly customer service brings our guests back time after time. On top of a competitive compensation package and flexible schedule, we're committed to your professional development and offer real career growth. We know you'd love to hear about our perks-incredible team rates and discounts at all 7 of our restaurant brands is just the beginning! With over 60 hotels (and growing!) there has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
- No education or experience required, we will train one on one
- Ability to follow instruction
- Good communication skills are an asset
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Professional appearance and manners
- Clean rooms according to Sandman Hotels standards
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all chemicals and cleaning products, and the correct handling procedures
- Responds to guests and staff inquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt and courteous manner
- Ensures all lost property items left in guest rooms are recorded on the worksheet and handed in to the Supervisor/Manager at the end of the shift
- Ensures all maintenance and safety hazards are promptly reported to the Supervisor/Manager to minimize hazard risk
- Takes personal responsibility for equipment, ensuring it is operated correctly and secure at all times
- Reports any unusual or suspicious persons/activities happening in the area of security to the manager
- Reports any maintenance issues including burned out light bulbs
- Check under bed, drawers, and closet for left behind articles and or trash
- Cleans sink and fixtures and restock all terry, soap, glasses, comment cards, coffee and other amenities
- Clean coffee pots when needed, - ensures pots are plugged in
- Arrange furniture following use by guests
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform Laundry tasks when necessary including collect, sort, transport laundry at the beginning of each shift.
- Remove laundry from dryers and fold immediately to prevent wrinkling.
- Stock linen supply room with clean linens for use for next day.
- Laundry to include: bed linens, blankets, Duvets/Comforters, towels & face cloths, and restaurant table linens. At end of day all cleaning cloths will also be washed, dried and folded for housekeeping needs.
- Small mending repairs required as needed.
- Perform Houseperson duties if required.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
- Team rates from $59 per night
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- u00bd price passes/lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- RRSP Matching for eligible employees
- HumanaCare - free mental health support & counselling
- Employment milestone rewards
- Ongoing employee events, incentives and recognition
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group
takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.