Job Role :
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
CAD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Housekeeping Supervisor
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
The Housekeeping Supervisor, in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper, will be responsible for ensuring the quality of cleaning and servicing for all guest rooms, and public rooms in the hotel. Their job duties are critical in the effective management of the hotel, as cleanliness is of the highest priority in the hospitality industry. Leadership, problem-solving, and decisiveness are critical for success in this role. This role will report directly to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Fast paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, attention to detail, combination of standing, walking, standing for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on leadership ability
- Positive attitude, pleasant personality, and a strong ability to motivate, train, develop and guide a team
- Knowledge of computers including MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Knowledge of health and safety standards
- Minimum 3 years housekeeping experience
- Knowledge of laundry operations
- Weekend and Holiday work will be required.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager, you are responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department
- Supervise all housekeeping employees to ensure guests receive the highest standard of cleanliness and service
- Conduct guest room and public area inspections
- When required, in the absence of adequate staffing levels, you will be required to clean rooms
- Scheduling for Room Attendants, Public Area cleaners and Laundry staff in the absence of the HM and HS
- Perform closing Supervisory duties in the absence of the HM and HS
- Maintain proper lost and found procedures.
- Ensure Sandman Hotels, Inns & Suites policies and procedures are followed
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group
takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.