Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
CAD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Maintenance Helper (General Labourer)
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
The Maintenance Helper will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. The duties will include routine maintenance tasks such as drywall repairs painting, caulking and apply silicone when needed and replace light bulbs and fixtures as needed. Respond to guest's maintenance requests to improve their stay. The Maintenance Person needs to be competent with using hand and power tools and work to a WHMIS Health and Safety Standard. Personal protection equipment MUST be used in compliance with Work Safe regulations.
- 1 year of maintenance experience.
- General experience on Drywalls repairs and caulking
- Basic knowledge of plumbing repairing.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- Overtime as required.
- Seasonal outdoor landscaping
- Perform regular property inspections of the hotel including common areas, building exterior, and landscape.
- Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair, within skill level.
- Maintain outside grounds (remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep and clean gutters, water and maintain sprinkling systems)..
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Prepare, paint and decorate interior and exterior surfaces, as required.
- Ability to perform small repairs
- Carpentry skills and refinishing wood preferred
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels.
- Must be familiar with cleaning products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Interact with management, co-workers, and public.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group
takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.