Williams Lake, Canada
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
CAD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Maintenance Person - Landscaping
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada's fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
- Perform regular inspections of the hotel grounds and landscape.
- Collect and dispose of all garbage and recyclables found on the grounds.
- Clean exterior light fixtures and change light bulbs/tubes.
- Perform minor repairs
- Maintain lawns, shrubs, and gardens as required.
- Responsible for vandalism clean up and repair, within skill level.
- Maintain working knowledge of environmental safeguards (WHIMS Certificate)
- Maintain outside grounds: remove snow, ice, and debris, spray and remove weeds, sweep and clean grounds, water and maintain exterior sprinkling systems for landscape.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and material handling equipment in performing landscape duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to supervisor.
- Repair and paint exterior garden surfaces (including benches and ornamental structures), as required.
- Plant seasonal plants, trim shrubs and maintain floral hanging baskets as directed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- 1 year of landscape/grounds keeping experience.
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g. caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures).
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
- Must be familiar with gardening/landscape products.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Work in various outdoor weather conditions.
- Interact with management, colleagues, and public.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group
takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.