Training and Development
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
CAD 12,000 to 20,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Manager in Training (Victoria)
We pride ourselves in achieving exceptional results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the superior science of hotel management with the art and professionalism of hospitality. Are you seeking a successful company to grow with? Do you have what it takes to grow with us?
We currently have an opportunity for an energetic, service-oriented leader to join our team. Candidates will be responsible for all aspects of operating the hotel, including training, and leading the team to ensure superior guest and associate satisfaction.
We believe that by taking care of our team members, we create a positive atmosphere that benefits both our team members and guests. We want you to love coming to work and also find that working with Northland has a positive influence on your life outside of work.
PERKS FROM DAY 1
PERKS AFTER 3 MONTHS
- Rewards & Recognition
- Team rates from $59 per night, Family & Friends rates too!
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- Discounted Passes/Lift tickets at Grouse Mountain and Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Ongoing Employee events, incentives & recognition
- Growth Opportunities- Career Advancement starts from Within
- Dedicated Training Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental Health Support, Legal & Financial Counselling
- Refer a friend or family and earn money!
PERKS AFTER 12 MONTHS
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care!
- Complimentary Stays
- RRSP Matching
- Milestone Rewards
- Tuition Credit Program
Our Managers understand the meaning of true Customer Service, they are professional, team-oriented, possess good work ethics and are extremely results driven. They have no hesitation in:
- Going above and beyond our guest's expectations.
- Mentoring and developing our Team Members.
- Delivering exceptional financial results, including maximization and effectively managing expenses and labour.
- MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE WITHIN BC
- Minimum of 2 years Hotel General Manager experience, or 3-4 years Sales or Rooms Division Management experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management would be an asset. 'Hands-on' Management style.
- Operations: Make the necessary adjustments to meet targets, forecast financial position of the property, create sales strategies, review statements and reports and offer assistance whenever needed.
- Department controls: Be able to accurately observe budgets and sales goals; ensure productivity goals are met and that all departments work cohesively.
- Staffing: Control turnover, conduct regular staff meetings, communicate with all departments, ensuring that all goals are known to the entire team and review performances to ensure the employees are of the highest quality.
- Ensure all company policies are being implemented.
- Work to achieve agreed goals and objectives.
- Applicants must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly. They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle everyday situations quickly and effectively.
- Must have excellent attitude with a positive influence on others.
- Applicants must be empathetic to the thoughts, comments and needs of guests, clients and staff.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a definite asset.
- Able to relocate within Canada if required.
- Exceptional Leadership skills.
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self and others.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Group
takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.