Front of House
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Night Porter
Would you like to be part of something amazing?
Prestigious 4* coastal resort Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links are looking for a talented, driven and enthusiastic Night Porter to join our team.
Dublin's only coastal resort, Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links is situated on the picture perfect 'Velvet Strand', one of Ireland's most stunning stretches of uninterrupted coastline. Perfectly combining rich history and modern luxury, Portmarnock was once the family home of the world-famous Jameson Whiskey Dynasty.
The Hotel Night Porter will be responsible for assisting Night Manager conducting a nightly audit, balancing and consolidating departmental ledger accounts, preparation of various hotel operating reports, room service preparation and delivery, cleaning of bar, restaurant and conference areas. They are required to work through the night shift.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- Hotel security.
- Take over from the evening cashier, checking and accepting float and takings.
- Accept and lock away keys from various departments.
- Assist Night Manager with night audit.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Prepare and serve night menu room service items.
- Cleaning of bar and restaurant areas.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Ireland to apply.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**