Job Description For Sales Manager- Sandman Signature Fort Worth
We're proud to welcome you to one of the most unique hotels in Dallas Fort Worth.
Our 245-room, heritage building on Houston Street is known as "The Waggoner Building" and was completed in 1920. It was originally built for William Thomas Waggoner, owner of the Waggoner Ranch, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This will make it one of the most historic hotels in Dallas Fort Worth and we've honored the building's past by retaining many of the original features you will be able to observe and enjoy.
The guestrooms will feature all the comforts of home, beautifully appointed with elegant finishes and amenities that are second-to-none. Our corporate guests will enjoy being just one block from Fort Worth Convention Center, and our central location makes it easy to access all that Fort Worth has to offer.
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for the Sandman Hotel Group a fast-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
We believe that by taking care of our team members, we create a positive atmosphere that benefits both our team members and guests. We want you to love coming to work and also find that working with Northland has a positive influence on your life outside of work.
PERKS FROM DAY 1
PERKS AFTER 3 MONTHS
- Rewards & Recognition
- Free Parking
- Team rates from $79 per night, Family & Friends rates too!
- Ongoing Employee events, incentives & recognition
- Growth Opportunities- Career Advancement starts from Within
- Dedicated Training Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental Health Support, Legal & Financial Counselling
- Refer a friend or family and earn money!
- Preferred Rates for Dallas Stars NHL Games
PERKS AFTER 12 MONTHS
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care!
- Complimentary Stays
- Milestone Rewards
We pride ourselves in achieving exceptional results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the superior science of hotel management with the art and professionalism of hospitality. Are you seeking a successful company to grow with? Do you have what it takes to grow with us? We are seeking a dynamic Sales person to join our team. This unique individual must possess excellent communication skills in customer relations, be aggressive in targeting new business and exceed established goals for their market segment.
In addition, they will develop new clients for boosting hotel sales. We are looking for a dynamic, proactive person who can take the initiative and maintain as well as build the existing client base.
Our Managers understand the meaning of true Customer Service; they are professional, team oriented, possess good work ethics and are extremely results driven.
- Targeting new business opportunities.
- Building and maintaining existing relationships.
- Develop and maintain a contact and customer database within the following market segments: - National Corporate Market - Incentive and Corporate Group Travel - Industry Partners Develop and promote product image and awareness by direct mail campaigns and attendance of key travel and tourism tradeshows.
- Prepare sales proposals to clients incorporating clearly defined terms and conditions.
- Establish an effective sales call cycle for key customers, partners and contacts.
- Maintain a clear line of communication on sales commitments to Hotel/Chain Operations.
- Work to achieve agreed goals and objectives.
- Applicants must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly.
- They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle everyday situations quickly and effectively.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a definite asset.
- A minimum of two years hotel sales experience and an excellent network of contacts are required to succeed in this position.
- Research & develop new corporate business for the Hotel through direct outside & inside Sales efforts.
- Conduct cold calls and prospecting on potential clients.
- Attend industry events and trade shows.
- Prepare proposals and contracts.
- Complete weekly sales reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the Sales & Marketing plan
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management would be an asset.
- Commitment to exceeding guest expectations.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite and Maximizer.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self.
The Sandman Hotel Group is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in United States of America to apply
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**