Sales and Marketing-PR
Sandman Hotel Group
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Sales and Events Executive ~ Events & Weddings
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be responsible for the efficient running and administration of the role, whilst ensuring that Portmarnock Hotel & Golf's Policies and Procedures are followed at all times.
To ensure the highest standards of guest care and customer satisfaction are maintained at all times.
Manage existing key clients
- Account management; responsibility for sales and service across a designated portfolio of existing local accounts
- Conduct regular account review meetings with each large local account to review production and operational feedback, and to identify new business opportunities to maximise revenue
- Sales campaigns; pro-active activity focussed on specific local business requirements
- Develop and execute Account Development plans for all key local clients
- Complete all internal processes to ensure details are correctly setup within relevant systems to include:
- Working very closely with our reservations team
- Advise accounts/finance team accordingly
- Ensure that internal databases are kept up-to-date with accurate and relevant information held on records
- Produce sales activity and production reports on a monthly basis or as required
- Competent use of software packages such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel to support sales presentations and reporting request training where uncertain
Role - Seek and win new business and manage customer care requirements
- Ensure excellent knowledge of Company network and key locations and know how to easily access information regarding any location
- Attend training events where appropriate
- Develop a good knowledge and understanding of the business travel industry and the hospitality and serviced apartment sector
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with procedures as outlined by the Head of Department.
- Actively seek and win new business and maintain existing clients for Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links within the: MICE Events, Social Events & Wedding Events sectors
- Business Development -Use existing databases combined with new lead sources to identify or create new sales opportunities
- Be creative in developing a local business development / sales strategy for both event & weddings business during this time. Outline new innovative initiatives to support both domestic and overseas MICE / wedding opportunity and customer care needs
- Actively support proactive B2B sales, managing key accounts locally and working with other Central Sales teams with the hotel brand to engage with central key accounts - cross selling between other hotel properties where possible
- Be creative and upsell all business mix in terms of length of stay, local vs global accounts
- Attend exhibitions where necessary for business events: wedding, conferences and follow up leads where appropriate. Attend networking events and build strong personal networks
- Conduct FAM trips, site inspection, sales presentations, networking events and B2B marketing as requested for any potential event, wedding or conference & banqueting clients
- Conduct appointments and showcase the property to the local market
- Prepare as needed RFPs from tender portals for any leisure, transient or MICE proposals
- Manage all wedding enquires and converting where possible, to sales.
- Send quotations following enquiries confirming details in writing to all clients; details bookings with Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links terms and conditions, contracts & deposits.
- To ensure new accounts complete a credit application form.
- Up-date and maintain the Conference & Banqueting systems daily.
- Maintain and update the Wedding, Conference and Event database within our CRM systems
- Ensure all bookings and final details for function sheets are released to all departments on a weekly basis and any amendments made daily.
- Ensure Function Sheets are issued as per Portmarnock Hotel Procedures and a function meeting held with all Head of Departments as per Hotel Procedures.
- To be aware of key accounts with Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links and liaise with company contacts, ensuring details are received well in advance of function and agreed rates applied.
- To endeavour to meet the budgets in all relevant areas i.e. Room hire, Equipment, F&B etc.
- Liaise with the Banqueting, Rooms Division and Food & Beverage departments.
- Assist the sales and marketing director in new sales initiatives / research to develop and expand business and any other business support needs.
- Ensure all tasks and checklists are actioned and completed during shift.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To bring customer comments and issues to the attention of the Relevant Manager.
- To maintain effective communications with all Departments with specific attention to Golf, Rooms Division and Food & Beverage.
- To ensure that all are greeted with a friendly welcome and offered the highest standards of guest care and customer satisfaction throughout their stay.
- To identify maintenance issues and report accordingly.
- To have full knowledge of and be able to act upon the Hotel & Golf Links Fire and Health and Safety Procedures.
- To complete all duties and tasks with due care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other employees and guests.
- To ensure the highest standards of personal presentation whilst wearing the company supplied uniform, in accordance with company dress code policy.
- To report, and where necessary, take action on incidents, accidents, fire, loss or damage.
To carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by a member of the management team.
Attend Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links Training.SUMMATION:
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Ireland to apply.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**