Job Role :
The Sutton Place Hotel
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Maintenance Supervisor
The Sutton Place Hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is a luxury 4-star hotel, located directly opposite the gondola and activities that provide experiences of a lifetime for our guests.
The Sutton Place Hotel and Revelstoke Mountain Resort (RMR) are a division of Canada's largest privately held hospitality company, Northland Properties Corporation (NPC), and since its inception in 2007, we have gained a reputation for big mountain riding, legendary powder and an authentic Canadian resort town. If you love to connect with people and have a passion for providing an exceptional hospitality experience, then we invite you to join our Sutton Place Family!
The Sutton Place Hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is recruiting for the position of Maintenance Supervisor. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for performing general building and property maintenance and assisting the Maintenance Manager with overall operation of the Maintenance department. The successful applicant must have good communication skills, be service oriented, efficient at planning and organizing work critical thinking, a team worker who is responsible and accountable for own job performance.
The successful candidate will lead the Maintenance Team - responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead and direct the team through allocating daily workload as dictated by preventative maintenance schedules and work requisitions resulting in operational efficiency of Property Maintenance functions.
- Conduct follow-up inspections to ensure quality control and proper completion of assignments; maintain a tracking system
- In coordination with the Maintenance Manager, oversee all major and minor mechanical systems throughout the hotel ensuring that systems are fully operational.
- Ensure engineering and work areas are in orderly and clean condition and that the associates are trained in the appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Conduct and coordinate preventative maintenance practices which ensure the longevity of all equipment, including the monitoring and tendering of all service contracts.
- Maintain a tracking process to determine and analyze elements of completed projects and report on levels of success and recommendations for future projects.
- Manage everyday requests from operating departments within the Hotel including guest related requests.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and yearly inventories of operational supplies and equipment and report findings and recommendations to Maintenance Manager on the inventory audits to ensure optimum work resources.
- Work in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager to respond to emergency situations including but not limited to fire, flood, electrical or mechanical failures within the building.
- Participate in recruitment, selection, training of all maintenance associates; acts as a resource to associates and liaison between the maintenance associates and Maintenance Manager.
- Monitor work hours, scheduling and vacation planning of engineering associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all occupants and visitors to the property.
- Perform other duties within Engineering, as assigned or required, and take on acting role in the Chief Engineer's absence.
- High school diploma/GED.
- 2 years of maintenance experience or Trade background. 2 - 3 years of supervisory and/or management experience in hotel or in a similar large building/complex is an asset.
- Ability to perform small repairs (e.g., caulking, replacing washers, and replacing light fixtures, waterproofing, tiling, faucet repair, drainpipes repair, light switch replacement etc.)
- Experience in preventative maintenance, energy management, fire safety, and health and safety.
- Organizational skills with an excellent eye for detail are a must.
- Proven ability to handle high stress and work under frequent peak period conditions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with proficiency in relevant computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Complimentary Season's Pass to Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Reciprocal deals on lift tickets at other local mountains
- Third Party partnership discounts for all employees.
- Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care after 3 months of full-time employment.
- Matching RRSP program (after 1 year of service) for full time employment only.
- The Sutton Place Hotel Revelstoke offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sutton Place Hotel, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**