Salary-35000-45000 per month
Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavor for the dining rooms, banquets and other food facilities, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
Additionally responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen.
Responsibilities and Duties
• **Trains, develops and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
• Teaches preparation according to well defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
• Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
• Should be able to provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen.
• Understand employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and kitchen staff.*
Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
• Coordinates with the purchase department for acquisition of needed goods and services.
• Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
• Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staffs.
Ensures all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Ensure proper purchasing, receiving and food storage standards in the kitchen.
• Actively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Maintain Quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.