- Assists to lead a multicultural team to maintain and repair all facilities and equipment related to assigned buildings and or properties.
- Assists with assigned projects with its associated administration and budgets.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement culture amongst involved personnel.
- Instil a culture of the highest quality as being standard and a ‘yes I can do’ attitude amongst all levels of personnel.
- Assists with Staff assessment and reorganisation.
- Assists with Staff training and re skilling as per their abilities.
- In dept technical and hands on knowledge with several years experience associated with electrical, mechanical, air conditioning, laundry, plumbing, kitchen equipment, cool room and freezer equipment, other front and back of house equipment and or installations, fire alarm and fighting systems, building automation and management systems, PABX, lifts, data and other linked electronic systems, backup generator sets, irrigation, swimming pool and
Healthclub equipment and all other relevant project equipment.
- Assists to the implementation of QC and QA procedures.
- Assists in the setup to manage all aspects of preventive, remedial and operational maintenance schedules preferably within an existing BMS system.
- Assists to update and review of existing drawings and other technical data.
- Assists to manage and monitor all ongoing maintenance and reactive repair jobs.
- Assists to provide accurate and comprehensive reports as required.
- Assists to manage design, budget and installation of engineering related systems as required for new or existing projects.
- Assists to manage and monitor stores inventory and budget.
- Assists to manage energy management system and maximise savings.
- Assists to manage compliance with relevant government regulations.
- Attends meetings as deemed necessary.
- Assists to manage and recommend improvements to all existing systems, installations and equipment as the need arises.
- Assists to manage and implement computerized administrative procedures to maximise efficiency.
- Assists other departments with relevant expertise and information on engineering related issues whenever necessary.
Summary: It is not intended by way of job description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the afore mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects.
2. General Responsibilities
- Promotes efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- Generally promotes and ensures good inter-departmental relations.
- Displays a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- Demonstrates pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- Adheres to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
3. Occasional Responsibilities
- Reports any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- Passes any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- Participates in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- Assists the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- Complies with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
4. Legal Responsibilities
4.1 Ensures that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.