We are currently looking for IT Specialist to join our team. Has the ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests and the team.
- Ensures that all assets assigned to the department run with minimum or no down time.
- Ensures that all software run with no output errors, no response time problems and according to defined specifications.
- Solves technical problems as reported by the users.
- Updates the I.T. helpdesk system and keeps an accurate record of all helpdesk tickets.
- Keeps accurate inventory records of all I.T. related hardware, software and documents controlled by the hotel.
- Ensures that all software license originals, media and manuals are kept in a safe place at all times, retrieved for reference purposes alone and only with proper records.
- Carries out software and hardware installations as instructed by the line manager.
- Gives recommendations to the line manager when end user deficiencies with the use of assigned computers and software applications are detected.
- Supervises the activities of outside maintenance personnel as instructed by the line manager.
- Follows company policies and standard operating procedures related to the department and job function.
- Documents all work and communicates with the line manager at all times.
- Trains guest facing colleagues to solve minor problems with guests accessing the Internet. Trains all computer users to fully understand how to operate their assigned computer equipment. This does not include hotel specific business software applications.
- Keeps aware of trends and technical information in the computer technology field through self-training, trade literature, and by means of visiting trade shows and industry colleagues.
- Suggests areas of improvement and new initiatives to the line manager, with the focus on enhancing guest services, generating revenues, reducing costs, removing security risks and developing colleagues’ experience with I.T.
- Ensures that proper on-site & off-site backups are kept for all applications and user data used in the hotel.
- Learns the technical aspect of hotel computer systems, in terms of hardware and software.
- Carries a company provided smartphone with email access for emergency support after office hours / weekends / public holidays.
- Provides 24 / 7 emergency support for I.T. related issues and escalates to senior managers as and when required.
With Opera experience and hotel background
Candidate should preferably have previous experience in a similar role with reputed hospitality organizations.
Good English communication skills
Positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow
Attractive salary and benefits offered for the right candidate. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply online with your CV urgently.