Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To set up and maintain a system of internal controls which will provide the most effective control of the assets and revenue of the hotel.
- To maintain all accounting records of the hotel in the manner prescribed.
- To ensure that all laws and fiscal regulations of the country of location (which affect the financial matters of the hotel) are complied with. This includes the responsibility for seeing that proper permits and licenses are obtained for such areas as importations, currency transfers, etc.
- To ensure the safekeeping and updating of all leases and contracts and all other legal records and documents which may affect financial status of the hotel.
- To ensure that local tax matters, including both income and other taxes, are properly handled. This includes the responsibility for the proper deductions and remittances of all payroll taxes where applicable.
- To approve all cash disbursements. Before denoting approval, the Controller should ensure that all disbursements are properly documented and executed.
- To approve all allowances and adjustments and ensure that they are subsequently approved by the Hotel Manager.
- To conduct the monthly physical count and valuation of all food, beverage and operating supplies inventories and the half yearly physical count and valuation of all operating equipment inventories.
- To ensure that, subject to the availability of funds, all necessary reserves, such as vacation of employees, furniture and equipment, employees’ indemnity, etc. are adequately maintained.
- To assist in preparing, in conjunction with the other department heads and the General Manager, both the annual and revised capital budget and profit budget in the required forma. In addition to the preparation, the Financial Controller is responsible for reporting the actual results as compared with the profit budget.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate records to reflect the comparison of the actual expenditures for operating equipment and furniture and equipment replacements with the annual budgeted amounts.
- To ensure the administration of established credit and collection policies which is the Manager’s responsibility, may also be delegated to the Financial
Updated: 02/09/2010 FINANCIAL CONTROLLER Page 1 of 2
1.13 To carry out duty management shifts according to the rota established.
- General Responsibilities
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
- Occasional Responsibilities
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- To assist the Duty Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
- Legal Responsibilities
4.1 To ensure that the standards required by Law and by Management are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.