The concierge group was set up by the DTCM in association with an industry partner to ensure that visitors receive the best possible service and access to information during their stay in Dubai.
The group incorporates all concierges in Dubai, providing a forum through which information about activities and events in the region can be passed.
Every year the Concierge of the year awards are held, where concierges are rewarded for outstanding service. This event has assisted in raising standards of performance, creating healthy competition between hotels.
The Dubai Concierge Group is also a member of the UICH Les Clefs d’Or (Union Internationale Des Concierges D’Hotels “Les Clef D’Or”)
- Les Clefs d’Or (pronounced lay clay door), literally, means “keys of gold” in French. The crossed gold keys are the international symbol of the organization. The keys displayed on a concierge’s uniform lapels assure travelers they are dealing with a seasoned professional, one who is dedicated to serving the guests’ every need.
- Les Clefs d’Or USA has more than 520 members in over thirty states.
- The crossed-key logo is internationally trademarked, and individual member countries trademark their own, customized versions of it. For example, the USA logo displays the American flag behind its crossed keys.
- UICH boasts a 40-country membership roster and over 3,000 members worldwide
American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AH&LEI)
The Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing’s Training Solutions, in partnership with the Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Lodging Association, bring great education and professional development opportunities in the UAE. The courses include skill-based and academic study.
You can achieve professional certification, recognized world-wide, by academic study, work experience, or a combination of both. The AH&LEI certifies all levels from line-level, department level to the top executive level.
DTCM is the exclusive partner of the Educational Institute in UAE. Franchising opportunities exist for first-class training organizations to join us in offering the best industry standard in continual, life-long learning for the hospitality industry.
When it comes to professional certification, the hospitality industry looks to the experts.
Educational Institute certifies and validates competencies for 40 certifications, for designations from line-level to General Managers which are earned through a combination of experience and education.
- Executive Level
- Department Heads & Directors
- Line Level
Professional certification from EI is the ultimate distinction of professional excellence for the hospitality industry.
I’DAD AL MAHARAT
The new Hospitality I’DAD Al MAHARAT programme has been designed to prepare UAE Nationals for positions in the tourism and hospitality industry. Namely it will:
- Enable UAE National job seekers to demonstrate to prospective tourism and hospitality industry employers that they are “ready, willing and capable” to begin employment;
- Streamline the hiring process for tourism and hospitality industry employers by having access to a work ready pool of UAE National candidates.