Days Hotel by Wyndhamis now seeking aBellmanto join our team atDubai, United Arab Emirates
The role holder will be responsible for assisting with the check-in & check-out processes and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she will be providing guest assistance with luggage and guest service as well as concierge tasks such as transportation requests, booking excursions, arranging amenities for special occasions, provide information on surrounding areas and miscellaneous needs. Co-ordinate and ensure good communication is maintained throughout the hotel and create the right environment which our team members are Responsive, Respectful, Deliver Great Guest Experience & build Customer Service culture
- Ensure Wyndham Dubai Deira brand standards, policies and procedures are adhered at all times.
- Escorting guests to rooms and familiarizing them with hotel services and amenities (e.g. hours of outlets, etc.).
- Explaining features of the room including operation of television, telephone, safety box, in-room movie system etc.
- Maintains luggage storeroom (always having clear knowledge of luggage in the storeroom and luggage movement) delivers and collects luggage for guests checking in & out.
- Delivering messages, letters, and luggage to guest's rooms.
- Assisting with room changes.
- Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasizes the hotel's amenities.
- Maintains current listing of local and area attractions, special events and activities.
- Assist guests with local recommendations, booking excursions & restaurants & selling tickets if applicable.
- Arranging transportation for guests as per request, ensuring to have available taxis on site.
- Assist with guests' deliveries & postal requirements and track in an appropriate manner.
- Assist housekeeping with guest requests.
- Arrange amenities for arriving and inhouse guests (special occasions & VIPs) and arrange special room set up requests with Housekeeping / Room Service.
- Ensure lobby is clean and functioning up to standard e.g. reader board is working and up to date, lights are all working, no broken furniture, no markings or paint chips on the wall, desks clean and desk stationary all working. Ensure any issues are reported.
- Reports any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries noted across the hotel.
- Communicates with other departments in a friendly and professional manner.
- Follows the WH&R safety and security policies and procedures.
- Ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Supports all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Stands, sits or walks for an extended period of time for an entire work shift.
- Speaks with others using clear and professional language and answers telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Maintains awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Performs other reasonable job duties as requested by Duty Manager.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer services driven skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-tasking
CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years working in a similar role for a branded hotel
- Minimum High School diploma
- Ability to work all shifts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.