Job Description For Analyst, Feasibility & Investments
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Analyst, Feasibility & Investments to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany , New Jersey .
As an Analyst, Feasibility & Development, you will be actively engaged in the efforts to grow the WHR system globally, as well as supporting and retaining WHR's existing portfolio of managed hotels. You will work with members of the Strategic Development team, in coordination with partners primarily in Development and Operations, to support WHR's hotel management and franchise contract acquisition efforts at every phase of the deal process, from initial deal identification, to feasibility, to underwriting and investment analysis, to diligence and deal structuring, to final approval by the Senior Leadership Teams of Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
- Support the global head of development in setting strategic direction for hotel development efforts
- Prepare and present, to internal executives on the Development and Operations teams, feasibility analyses and pro forma projections for existing and proposed WHR-managed hotels in North America and Latin America
- Prepare and present financial impact models of potential WHR investments in managed and franchised hotels globally, including operating forecast models, hotel cash waterfalls, investment return analyses, and relevant sensitivity analyses
- Assist with business development activities, including preparation of key meeting deliverables and presentations, to generate new projects and support the achievement of WHR's room growth objectives
- Conduct industry, market and competitor research. Build relationships with industry contacts tofacilitate research capabilities
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to interpret and analyze hotel financial statements and project and model a hotel P&L
- Relevant experience preparing feasibility analysis and pro forma projections for hotels in North America and Latin America
- Extensive financial modeling capabilities and proficiency in various types of valuation and investment return analyses
- Thorough understanding of capital markets, especially the debt markets
- Exceptional drive and personal initiative
- Highly analytical thinker
- Strong business writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask across multiple projects and work streams under tight deadlines
The Strategic Development team manages the underwriting of the [$40 million] annual budget for development advance note incentives ("DAN"s), and coordinates with operations and accounting to accurately track the deployment of that capital. DAN capital is a tool used by the development sales team to achieve WHR's long term net room growth target of 2 to 4% per year.
In addition to the capital budget, the team supports the hotel management organization by creating detailed feasibility studies that help potential owners understand our view and expectation of hotel performance, and help our development team "sell" our brands and management services to such owners. The study forms the basis for many of the deal terms (including incentive fee structures) that we include in our management contracts. Education & Experience
- BA or BS Degree; MS Degree a plus; a concentration in finance or real estate is a plus
- One to three years of financial analysis work experience at a hotel company, consulting firm, bank, brokerage, or real estate investment firm
The Analyst reports into the Feasibility & Investments team leader. Feasibility and Investments is part of a larger Strategic Development team led by its VP, with three primary functions: Investment Underwriting, Feasibility, and Portfolio Management. COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, La Quinta, Baymont, Wingate, AmericInn, Hawthorn Suites, Trademark Collection and Wyndham. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way , 22 Sylvan Way , Parsippany , New Jersey 07054 Employment Status: