Job Description For Assistant Human Resources Manager - Wyndham Grand Regency Doha
Wyndham Grand Regency Dohais now seeking an Assistant Human Resources Managerto join our teamin Qatar.
The Assistant Human Resources Manager, reporting directly to the HR Leader on property, will lead the day to day HR Operations. His/her role will include supervising all aspects of Human Resources from employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, training, recruitment, housing, wellness as well as the management of the HR Team, partnering HOD's, Exec Com as well as driving the hotels KPI's of GOP, LTO,Team memberEngagementetc.
- Ensure that the agreed upon disciplinary process is maintained at all times and fair disciplinary processes are followed by all HOD's.
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all Team members providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances.
- To provide a source of information to HOD's regarding disciplinary, grievance and staff counselling issues.
- Ensure that all disciplinary procedures are carried out, taking role of implementing them by ensuring consistency in the policy's implementation. Take an active role as an arbitrator, note taker or advisor where appropriate.
- Train the HR Executive/HR Coordinator etc. in the above process
- Log all the incidents in HRIS and file the original copies in the employee files
- On a monthly basis summarise all the incidents with regards disciplinary action and present to HR Leader/RHRM with recommendations.
- Ensure the smooth workflow of the various HR functionalities as to maintaining and providing the needed support to Team members and Supervisors/ HOD's at all times. This includes, but is not limited to filing, administration of starters and leavers and payroll.
- To provide an advice service to Team members and Supervisors/ HOD's on HR SOP's, Wyndham and local people policies, legal requirements, staffing issues, and act as an arbitrator where necessary.
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. i.e. AES, Success Matters etc.
- Ensure that the handbook is kept up-to-date at all times and that it is reviewed and printed prior to on boarding.
- Ensure that sporadic Team member files audits are carried out on a monthly basis. Follow-up and ensure that team is fully trained on the correct filing standards.
- Payroll to be reviewed and checked prior to the HR Leader/ GM/ Director of Finance signing
- Letters to be produced for the Team members in a timely manner
- On boarding process to be seamless
- To ensure that all leavers are processed in a timely manner and their leaving process is as good as their joining one
- Manage the PRO and visa process to ensure that all Team members have valid visas and that they are tracked appropriately (where applicable).
- Work in conjunction with the HR Leader for the recruitment of the Hotel Manager's/EAME's/Director of Operations/Exec Com/HR Team
- Ensure that the employment contracts templates are pre-approved by HR Leader/RHRM prior to use and not edited
- Work closely with HR Leader on reviewing manning and re-recruitment of all positions
- Ensure that the arrival experience is as good as the guests
- Ensures that all open jobs are posted via Taleo and the SOP's and Wyndham standards are followed in using the system.
- Ensure that all departing Team members have the opportunity to have an online exit interview
- On a monthly basis ensure that a summary of exit interviews is sent to theHR Leaderas well as the HOD's
- Ensure that the administration of the 3-month/5 month review (where applicable) process in the property and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Analyse the reviews to see if there are trends in the reviews; this is to be shared on a monthly basis with the GM.
- Work closely with the Team member in charge of training to ensure that appropriate training is done with the HOD's and Supervisors that administer the review process
- Talent Reviews are alive and active and the target audience know why they are so important
- Pay increase master spreadsheet is constructed to be reviewed by the HR Leader is per the EMEA policy
- Pay increase letters are done in an accurate and timely manner. All letters are distributed, one singed copy returned and all the information updated in HRIS.
Third party contracts (where applicable)
- Conduct monthly departmental HR meetings and ensure that it is minuted
- Conducted weekly documented 121's with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information withHR Leaderin weekly 121's
- Monthly HOD Meeting
- Weekly Exec Com Meeting
- Quarterly all Hotel Meeting
- Morning HR Meeting
- Attend Morning hotel meeting when needed
- Ensure that team publish the monthly hotel magazine
- Team member Meetings.
Manage the following contracts:
- Team member/Staff dining
- Pest Control
- Medical Insurance
- At least 4+ years as an Assistant Human Resources Manager in a brandedhotel
- Able to lead and manage a team
- Knowledgeable with all aspects of the HR function
- Able to work with little guidance as it is a stand alone role
- Familiarity with and knowledge ofQatar employment laws ideally
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Job Location:
Wyndham Grand Regency Doha,Jawaan Street, Doha 22606,Doha,Ad Dawhah NA
Employment Status: Full-time Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.