Job Description For Banquets Supervisor
Dolce is now seeking a Banquets Supervisor to join our team at Dolce Ivey Donald K. Johnson Centre in Toronto, Ontario.
The Banquets Supervisoris responsible for supervising the banquet/conference staffas well as creating a welcoming first impression and providing current information about the events and local areato guests.He/she is also responsible for greeting guests, assisting with questions, and providing recommendations to ensure we exceed guest expectations. The Banquets Supervisor also supports and acts as a back-up for the Hospitality Supervisor.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or at least two years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- Smart serve Certification is mandatory; refresher may be requested.
- Sound knowledge of meetings and catering set-ups and F&B or catering experience.
- Experience with scheduling is an asset.
- Able to work a flexible schedule with availability including days, evenings and weekends.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Monitor day-to-day F&B operations and take needed action to ensure standards of product presentation and service are being maintained.
- Work side-by-side with and in the capacity of banquet / conference servers to fulfill the operational requirements of the day.
- Supervise staff in absence of the Hospitality Supervisor, in accordance with business needs, productivity and service standards.
- Respond to guest inquiries and coordinate special arrangements and requests for F&B.
- Circulate through each banquet area to ensure guest satisfaction; sincerely seek guest comments and quickly and willingly handle any complaints.
- Check conference, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and sufficient supplies and equipment.
- Assist in developing and managing adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor & maintain inventory, purchasing supplies, and ensuring compliance with all food and beverage regulations.
- Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 27 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) are being followed; assist with employee training and accident investigations; assist in coordinating Health & Safety training within the department.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company.We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world.Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers.We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Location: Dolce Ivey Donald K. Johnson Centre,130 King St. West,Toronto,OntarioM5X 1K6
Employment Status: Full-time