Job Description For Clerk, Accounting
Dolce is now seeking a Clerk, Accounting to join our team at the Dolce Seaview location in Galloway , New Jersey .
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring proper review, timely processing and communicating of all disbursements in accordance with the Wyndham Hotel Group policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required.
At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
College course work in related field helpful.
Ability to understand and utilize basic computer equipment and applications, to include word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Utilize and maintain the time and attendance system and process daily, weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll and related information to include payroll hours, verifying payroll information, recording miscellaneous earnings/deductions, etc.
- Review and ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all payroll input and output.
- Monitor, prepare, and communicate financial reports in accordance with Wyndham's required due dates.
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain an adequate supply of cash/change and provide cash/change to all departments as needed
- Prepare Cash Over/Short reports on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Issue and redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the Accounting Manager.
- Audit cashier banks as required by hotel standards. Maintain all documentation.
- Process "due backs" on a timely basis.
- Maintain all cashier contracts.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviation to policy.
- Assist the sales effort in establishing customer credit in accordance with Wyndham's policies.
- Assist in the credit process of application processing, reference checks, credit limitation, direct billing list, deposit requirements, and all other credit-related activities.
- Provide customers with accurate and timely invoices, statements, and schedules.
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion and communicate all issues and/or disputes to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Maintain an efficient collection process to include an organized filing and tracing system, issuing letters, monitoring returned checks and charge backs, performing collection calls and preparing bad debt write-offs.
- Monitor guest ledger, advance deposit ledger and any other related ledgers to ensure proper internal control.
- Keep management aware of any unusual operation or financial occurrences and/or significant deviations from policies and procedures.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Dolce Seaview , 401 South New York Road , Galloway , New Jersey 08205 Employment Status: