Job Description For Cluster Human Resources Manager - Wyndham Garden Muscat & Ramada Encore Muscat
Wyndham Garden Muscat and Ramada Encore Muscatis now seeking aCluster Human Resources Manager to join our teaminOman.
As Cluster HR Manager, you will be carrying out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including recruitment, compensation & benefits, disciplinary and welfare. Deliver HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures
Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
Managing Employee Development
- Conduct interviews and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Establish and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Assists in monitoring candidate identification and selection process.
- Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
- Supervise and coordinate all matters of work permits and visas
Maintaining Employee Relations
- Conduct departmental orientation program for team member to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Assists with coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for team members and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Assists in reinforcing the importance to attend by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
- Maintain effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Utilizes an "open door" policy to acknowledge team members problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Cluster Director of Human Resources
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Employee Accommodation and Transport
- Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance.
- Assists with ensuring medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
- Assists with ensuring all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Assists with managing Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
Managing HR operations
- Supervise with concerned in charge for all matters in regards to team members accommodation, facilities, cafeteria, lockers and transport.
- Manage the HR operation based on a detailed and up-to-date understanding of local labour law.
- Maintain full records of each person's employment history, both HRMS system and in paper form, and ensure all such information is kept confidential.
- Implement corporate policies, and put in place local policies & processes for salaries and benefits
- Assist in communication of key messages to all staff. Promote employee communication activities and channels, to encourage and enable feedback from staff.
- Maintain a positive relationship with staff representatives and ensure any employee grievances are monitored and resolved
- Promote Team Members Wellbeing & Happiness & Recognition, from hotels activities, cafeteria to Wyndham Programs in coordination with WeCom.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Monitor the PRO in processing of employment visas, residence visas, Emirates ID and transfer visas for team members.
- Monitor the PRO in ensuring the processing and renewal of permits and licenses.
- Vacancy is open to Omani National only
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of related work experience (human resources, management operations, or related professional area)
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good Knowledge of Omani Labor law
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Oasys HRMS, FMC
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Job Location:
Wyndham Garden Muscat,Plot 41, Al Khuwair,Muscat,N/A N/A
Employment Status: Full-time Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.