Job Description For Conference Planner - Dolce Sitges
The Conference Planner is responsible for the coordination, supervision and directing of assigned group business after it is turned over by the Sales department, throughout and through the closure of the event.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with an acute sense of detail & creativity and repeat potential.
- Assertive, professional and positive with a proven ability to develop and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment ~ hours will fluctuate and evening and weekend work will be required as needed.
- Must have a driver's license in the applicable state.
- Plans and coordinates details for meetings.
- Complete accurate BEO's, upselling food, beverage, room rental, recreation, special amenities and technology.
- Communicate all changes on Event Orders to other departments.
- Acts as on-site contact for meeting and meeting groups and larger groups as needed.
- Produces tickets for master billing including contract services, room rental and guests.
- Complete weekly backlog reports and other departmental reports as designated.
- Attends weekly resume meeting, training programs and other meeting as designated.
- Provides feedback to Director of Sales & Marketing relating to guest comments, observations, industry news.
- Follow up with client contact at the end of each meeting to ensure satisfaction and obtain feedback.
- Assists with and completes special projects and assignments as designated by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Produces invoices for clients.
- Tourism Diploma or similar.
- At least 2 years' experience working in a similar position ideally in a hotel environment.
- Experience in conferences and event planning
- Operational Food and Beverage experience in a hotel environment is preferred
- Teamwork, interdepartmental collaboration. Computer knowledge of MS Office applications.Desirable knowledge of Delphi and Opera.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, French is a must.
- Experience in upselling and customer services.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Job Location:
Sitges, Barcelona, Spain
Employment Status: Open Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.