Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Chefs-Kitchen
Location : Toronto, Canada
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 09 Jul 2022
Job Role : Commis Chef
Recruiter : Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Job Ref : HOZ27727
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Dolce is now seeking a Cook to join our team at Dolce Intl BMO Canada in Toronto, Ontario.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is searching for a Cook I who will be reporting to Executive Chef. Cook I will complete daily production assigned by the Chef based on house counts, will assist with all aspects of food production.
Cook I will delegate lunch, dinner and banquet production to line cooks, and will check production needs for the following day.
Education & Experience
• Requires thorough knowledge of a specialized or technical field. May compile objective and measurable data and produce reports. May require operating knowledge of manufacturing or computer equipment, or may require broad knowledge in clerical or service areas.
• This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma and a minimum of five years job-related experience.
The offer of employment is conditional upon you having received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to your start date. When you commence employment, you will be asked to show your Ministry of Health vaccine proof before commencing employment.
Please do not email this to us as we will only observe the information and document that it has been seen. In the event you are not able to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected reason under the Human Rights Legislation, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
If you request accommodation, we will follow up with you for further information if necessary.
• High exposure to stresses.
• The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change.
• Some portions (75-100%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, machine operations or knife skills.
• Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day.
• Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel, slippery, or unstable.
• Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs.
• Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials.
• Some portions (75-100%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures.
• Responsible for providing guidance to others performing some or similar functions in the area of safety as part of formal orientation to the job / department and on an on-going basis.
• Position does not require travel to other Dolce properties or client locations. Work is completed on the property.
• Always practice Great Customer Experience.
• Protect the assets of the property.
• Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
• Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
• Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
• Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
• Practice the principles of the Count on Me! culture.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Dolce International is essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Recognize that despite all efforts the company makes, the ultimate responsibility for employee health and safety rests directly with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all associates to conduct their duties in a safe and healthful manner.
• Checks with Sous Chef for daily objectives.
• Rotates food in an assigned refrigerator and places food in clean containers. All containers must be labeled and dated at all times.
• Checks food for taste, temperature and eye appeal
• Prevents the spoiling and contamination of food through proper dating and rotation (FIFO)
• Uses Saf-T-Log hand held machine to record cooking & hot and cold holding for all food temperature recording at least 4 temperatures daily.
• Reports any equipment issues to Chef or Sous Chef so repairs can be scheduled
• Delegates job tasks to line cooks when necessary.
• Ensures all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and presentations established by the Chef.
• Breaks down dinner foods i.e. lunch, banquets, and receptions.
• Communicates with Chef on production status for the next day before completing shift.
• Cleans and organizes workstation. Maintains a clean and sanitary culinary environment in compliance with all local and federal & provincial health codes.
• Performs banquet and kitchen line functions as directed by the Executive or Sous Chef.
• Performs human resource functions for junior staff members, including training, scheduling, and directing.
• Ensures assigned workstation has proper level of par stocks and supplies according to daily menus and banquets.
• Sets up any a la carte stations required for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
• Uses proper cooking procedures and internal temperatures as per HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) and ASI.
• Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 28 of the OHSA and company/departmental health & safety policies and procedures are being followed.
• May be required to perform additional and / or different responsibilities from those set forth above as assigned by kitchen management team.
• Stores all food according to HACCP.
• Completes Refrigeration/Freezer Logs daily
• Monthly Participating in meetings
• Conducting meetings / leading group discussions
• This job is part of a formal work team within the department.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company.We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world.Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers.We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Location: Dolce Intl BMO Canada,3550 Pharmacy Avenue,Toronto,OntarioM1W 3Z3
Employment Status: Part-time