Job Description For Demi Chef de Partie - Asian Cuisine
Wyndham Dubai Deirais now seeking aDemi Chef de Partie (Asian Cuisine)to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The role holder is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent guest experience while assisting with food cost controls. He/she will prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines while supporting the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in the daily operation and work.
- Works according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie/Sous Chef
- Keeps work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel policies and regulations
- Controls food stock and cost in your section
- Is aware of the local hygiene policies to be adopted in the kitchen
- Prepares the daily mis-en-place and food productions in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Follows the instructions and recommendations of the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- Instructs and leads subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparations and actively take part in set up of buffets and special functions
- Coordinates and participates with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage, and cost control.
- Ensures food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly.
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental
- Assists other departments wherever necessary and maintains good working relationships
- Reports maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues to the relevant department
- Complies with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Awareness of the departmental targets and strives to achieve them as part of the team
- Is environmentally aware
- Participates in the social activities organized for team members in the hotel
- Ensures knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to Chef de Partie / Sous Chef
- Implements all statutory regulations such as food hygiene policies
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Great culinary/cooking skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on your own or in team
- Organizational skills
- Guest Relations skills
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
- A minimum of 2 years in a branded hotel in similar position
- Specialize in Asian Cuisine
- Proficient with local rules and regulations involving, Health & Safety & HACCP.
- Any health and safety and food hygiene certificate
- Ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.