Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Finance and Accounts
Location : Hammersmith, United Kingdom
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 21 Sep 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Job Ref : HOZ21714
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-10-25
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Digital Ecommerce Specialist EMEA to join our team in London, United Kingdom.
Reporting to the Senior Director Marketing EMEA, the Digital Ecommerce Specialist EMEA will assist with the day to day management and optimisation of ecommerce initiatives and website content across Europe, Middle East, Eurasia & Africa (EMEA). They will be the subject matter expert for anything related to the brand website and app in EMEA, including content management, translation, bug troubleshooting and optimisation.
The jobholder will be based either out of our London corporate offices following a hybrid working arrangement or based out of any other city in the UK and working remotely, with regular travel to the office.
1. Website and Content Management
• Owning the merchandising calendar for all EMEA website and making updates using the CMS
• Working with regional stakeholders to ensure content is up-to-date and relevant across regional websites
• Managing all EMEA digital content requirements, in collaboration with the headquarters Digital Content team
• Contributing to Digital work-streams with US counterparts including content management, translation, website development, SEO and UAT
• Collaborating with US counterparts to ensure websites and apps are optimised for EMEA audiences. Managing ongoing technical and content support for translated websites.
2. Hotel/ Client Relationship Management
• Providing support to hotels with regards to the Brand Website and digital marketing
• Reviewing and reporting on hotel Brand Website performance to internal stakeholders as well as hotels
• Providing guidance to hotels with respect to independent local hotel websites
3. Data and Analytics
• Weekly and monthly monitoring of website performance with Adobe Analytics and other digital measurement tools when required
• Providing recommendations to increase revenue from website optimization/ UX/ Conversion rate optimisation/ landing page creation
• Creating and updating a template of core website(s) KPIs including targets vs actuals
The activities of the Digital Ecommerce Specialist EMEA will have an impact on the company's commercial success, particularly in relation to the key objective of increasing direct contribution. The role requires a proactive approach with a combination of regular daily tasks, large complex projects, collaboration with headquarters' teams and communication with key franchisee contacts.
Scope/ Financial Responsibility
This role does not require the management of a budget or cost centre.
Abilities/ Key Competencies/ Skills
Alongside the professional competencies outlined below, the successful candidate will demonstrate the fundamentals of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Count on Me! Service Culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience. This will form the cornerstone of their approach as they carry out all tasks with the Count on Me! Building Blocks in mind; Compassionate, Engaged, Dependable, Courteous, Engaged, Inclusive, Hospitable, Prepared and Personalised.
• Analytics orientation - able to interpret data to define direction, key drivers and objectives
• Financial acumen - able to set forecasts and budgets to drive financial performance
• Cultural awareness - able to navigate different cultural environments, anticipate differences
• Communication - strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate in writing, verbally and present throughout all levels of the organisation and externally
• Resolution focus - results-oriented with the drive and tenacity to deliver as well as to overcome potential obstacles with positivity and maintaining motivation
• Autonomy - able to prioritise high-return opportunities and multi -task without intervention
• Flexibility - copes well with a changing landscape and shows drive, initiative, creativity and problem solving, adjusting course when necessary
• Relationships building - easily builds trust and credibility with clients, colleagues and key stakeholders
• Structured - able to establish and build processes and systems that sustain change and enhancement and keep projects on track and deliver within specified timelines
• Innovation - comfortable in trying new procedure and approaches and taking calculated risks to 'test and learn'
• Customer orientation - maintains sight of the customer perspective and strives for results which drive the value proposition
Experience/ Certificates/ Education
• Qualified to degree level or beyond ideally within a marketing, hospitality or related discipline
• Previous experience in a Digital Marketing or Content role, ideally within a Hotel or Travel environment
• Good knowledge of website Content Management Systems (CMS)
• Experience with web analytics (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Insight, Google Analytics etc.)
• Extremely data driven, able to analyse website performance
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience working across multiple brands and markets
• Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; the ability to write and speak German, Turkish or Arabic is an advantage
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: GB Hammersmith,4th Floor, 3 Shortlands,Hammersmith,London W6 8DA
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.