Job Description For Director, Engineering
Wyndham is now seeking a Director, Engineering to join our team at the Wyndham New Orleans French Qtr location in New Orleans , Louisiana .
The Director of Engineering is responsible for all administrative, financial and operating aspects of the hotel as they directly relate to the engineering division.He/she is responsible for the safe and profitable operation of the hotel.
Education & Experience
- At least 5 years of progressive facilities management experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related management experience; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Stationary Engineer's license if required by local code.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Travel related to company business sometimes required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention Standards.
- Create, approve and post all Engineering staff schedules according to Wyndham standards.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Develop financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Develop and implement plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in an acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Create and implement a preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Wyndham standards.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administer all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Support and participate in all Wyndham programs.
- Lead and participate in Wyndham Safety Committee.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Wyndham New Orleans French Qtr , 124 Royal Street , New Orleans , Louisiana 70116-3189 Employment Status: