Job Description For Executive Head Chef - Dolce by Wyndham Versailles
Dolce by Wyndham Versailles is looking for an Executive Head Chef. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned leader to join the pre-opening team of this exceptional venue, ready to open its doors for the first time in Q1 2023.
The Dolce by Wyndham Versailles, managed by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, is located in Domaine de Montcel, in the vicinity of the Versailles. With 15 meeting and reception rooms, 178 guest rooms, suites, and apartments, 2 restaurants, a bar, a stylish spa and an outstanding park of more than 14 hectares, Dolce by Wyndham Versailles will offer the subtle balance between authentic French elegance and contemporary comfort.
As the Executive Head Chef, the incumbent is responsible for the hotel's commercial, quality and people performance in Kitchen and Stewarding. She/he will combine strategic thought and planning which will enhance the growth and profitability of the department while achieving exceptional quality of product and service.
The Executive Chef performs the key function of management of the Kitchen and related departments, administration and training for all team members working in this department. He/she focuses on all aspects of the management taking in consideration guest needs, and prevailing trends.
The Executive Chef work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager and General Manager to report on operational and team issues, including budgets, departmental expenses as well as updates and changes made to the manning, service sequences, promotions, events, challenges and successes.
He/she needs to maintain excellent relations and communications with Departmental Teams.
- Supervises the creation of menus for the entire hotel, the concepts of the restaurants and the yearly action plan, as well as the guidelines from General Manager.
- Ensures that all food served in the hotel respects Hotel standards, in terms of quality, taste, portioning, presentation and variety.
- Meets and enquires satisfaction of guests directly, on a regular basis.
- Initiates and develops, along with General Manager, creative actions to develop the dynamism of the culinary in the hotel.
- Ensures that all food served at the hotel respects the hygiene standards in force in the hotel.
- Ensures that the department is complying with the safety and security rules of the hotel and the country.
- Ensure that all kitchen procedures are supported with standard SOP's and P&P's and that these rules are applied in the operation.
- Ensures that objectives are met in terms of hygiene inspections, and that HACCP standards are followed with consistency.
- Ensures that all menus are supported by Hotel standard "technical data sheet", with picture, and that information is easily available in the outlets.
- Responsible for enhancing the food product that is presented to guests. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guests' needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product. Use market research to develop new products.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel.
- Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans. Monitor effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace. Set targets, plan and schedule work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Responsible for People leadership of Kitchen team
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Conduct interviews and robust on-boarding of new Kitchen staff in conjunction with HR.
- Participate in other hotel meetings and team events
Alongside the professional competencies outlined below, the successful candidate will demonstrate the fundamentals of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts' Count on Me! Service Culture to Be Responsive, Be Respectful and Deliver a Great Experience. This will form the cornerstone of their approach as they carry out all tasks with the Count on Me! Building Blocks in mind: Compassionate, Engaged, Dependable, Courteous, Engaged, Inclusive, Hospitable, Prepared and Personalised. Key Competencies
Background & Skills:
- Business Acumen
- Building Trust
- Driving Results
- Leadership effectiveness
- Diversity & Inclusion
- A recognized business or hospitality management qualification or a graduate degree
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an Executive Sous Chef / Executive Chef within a similar-sized branded hotel
- Experience of working with larger and multiple meetings & events
- Experience of managing people / effective leadership
- Four / Five star internationally managed hotel experience is desired
- Fluency in French and English is essential
- A strong sense of commerciality
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Job Location:
Dolce Versailles,3, Rue de la Manufacture des Toiles de Jouy,Jouy-en-Josas,N/A 78350
Employment Status: Full-time Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.