Job Description For Executive Housekeeper - Dolce by Wyndham Versailles
Dolce by Wyndham Versailles is looking for a Executive Housekeeper. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned leader to join the pre-opening team of this exceptional venue, ready to open its doors for the first time in Q1 2023.
The Dolce by Wyndham Versailles, managed by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, is located in Domaine de Montcel, in the vicinity of the Versailles. With 15 meeting and reception rooms, 178 guest rooms, suites, and apartments, 2 restaurants, a bar, a stylish spa and an outstanding park of more than 14 hectares, Dolce by Wyndham Versailles will offer the subtle balance between authentic French elegance and contemporary comfort.
As the Executive Housekeeper, the incumbent is responsible for the hotel's commercial, quality and people performance in Housekeeping department. She/he will combine strategic thought and planning which will enhance the growth and profitability of the department.
The Executive Housekeeper interfaces with the Executive Assistant Manager/General Manager to report on operational and team member challenges, including budgets, departmental expenses as well as updates and, service sequences, promotions. He/she will need to maintain excellent relations and communications with Departmental Teams.
- Identifies and ensures highest possible standard of cleanliness, maintenance, guest room supplies and amenities at a realistic cost.
- Ensured 100% compliance with brand standards
- Supervises outside contractors to ensure contractual compliance.
- Implements and controls Housekeeping procedures that provide for the health and safety of team members and guests, such as lost and found service, key control, security and emergency procedures and environmental procedures.
- Maintains appropriate standards for dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance, posture and conduct of Housekeeping team members.
- Ensures that all daily VIP rooms, special request rooms long stay guest for arrivals are inspected personally.
- Interacts with guests on the status of housekeeping services in their facilities and report complaint to management if no immediate solution can be found, assuring follow with the guest.
- Has a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both guests and colleagues.
- Is flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
- Maintains high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of the hotel's goals
- Implementing assigned task during emergencies such as fire, power failure and natural disaster.
- Liaises with the hotels contracted company for pest control to ensure that an effective program is instituted and supervised.
- Managing housekeeping team members to ensure all guests and internal customers receive prompt and courteous service.
- Schedule's routine inspections of all housekeeping areas (rooms and public) by/with the Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Housekeeping Supervisors to ensure that the furnishing, facilities and equipment are clean and in good repair.
- Inspects guest and public areas on a regular basis to ensure that the furnishings, facilities, and equipment are clean and in good repair.
- Manages spring cleaning schedules and follow up on all machinery linked to Housekeeping/Laundry.
- Makes recommendations regarding the upkeep of furnishings, facilities, and equipment, ensuring they are clean and in good repair.
- Informs other departments of the Housekeeping matters that concern them, particularly the Laundry Department, the Engineering Department, the Front Office, and the Food and Beverage Department. Maintains open channels of communication with other Department Heads and the Executive Assistant Manager/General Manager
- Ensures service standards are consistently reviewed and monitored, and in compliance with Wyndham brand standards and 3rd party inspection standards.
- Responsible for People leadership of conference team members which including recruitment and selection, driving team member engagement, learning and development, and performance management in conjunction with the Director of HR.
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
Alongside the professional competencies outlined below, the successful candidate will demonstrate the fundamentals of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts' Count on Me! Service Culture to Be Responsive, Be Respectful and Deliver a Great Experience. This will form the cornerstone of their approach as they carry out all tasks with the Count on Me! Building Blocks in mind: Compassionate, Engaged, Dependable, Courteous, Engaged, Inclusive, Hospitable, Prepared and Personalised. Background & Skills
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an Assistant Housekeeper Manager/ Executive Housekeeper within a similar-sized branded hotel
- Experience of managing people / effective leadership
- Four / Five star internationally managed hotel experience is desired
- Highest level of numeracy and literacy
- Fluency in French and good level of English is essential
- A strong sense of commerciality and quality control
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Job Location:
Dolce Versailles,3, Rue de la Manufacture des Toiles de Jouy,Jouy-en-Josas,N/A 78350
Employment Status: Full-time Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.