Job Description For Food & Beverage Manager - Dolce by Wyndham Versailles
Dolce by Wyndham Versailles is looking for a Food & Beverage Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned leader to join the pre-opening team of this exceptional venue, ready to open its doors for the first time in Q1 2023.
The Dolce by Wyndham Versailles, managed by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, is located in Domaine de Montcel, in the vicinity of the Versailles. With 15 meeting and reception rooms, 178 guest rooms, suites, and apartments, 2 restaurants, a bar, a stylish spa and an outstanding park of more than 14 hectares, Dolce by Wyndham Versailles will offer the subtle balance between authentic French elegance and contemporary comfort.
The Food & Beverage Manager will provide leadership for the day-to-day operation of the F&B outlets (2 restaurants, 1 bar, room service and banqueting), in respect to standards, revenue and cost control with the aim of achieving optimum financial returns, whilst ensuring highest levels of team member engagement and guest satisfaction. She/he will combine strategic thought and planning which will enhance the growth and profitability of the department.
- Provides the strategic direction for F&B department of the hotel
- Trains and develops the F&B tram and provides support when required
- Ensures effective communication between all relevant department and team members to ensure guest experience a exceptional stay
- Conduct F&B departmental meetings to address any issues or concerns on a bi-monthly basis
- Ensure the hotel is in full compliance with licensing, regulations, Health & safety policies, Food Hygiene regulations and other local policy and procedures.
- Has a detailed understanding of the competitive landscape and emerging trends.
- Conducts regular inventory checks
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures
- Regularly reviews and evaluates guest feedback of all F&B outlets and take relevant actions to improve on service
- Takes an active role in the supervision of the preparation of the marketing plan, operation plan and related action plans, including F&B pricing strategies.
- Be present at peak operational hours.
- Encourages the F&B team to thinks outside the box with regards to 'wowing the guests'
- Conducting frequent and thorough inspections of the hotel F&B operations to ensure excellence is consistently maintained.
- Taking responsibility for the timely delivery of capital projects within the building to ensure company assets are effectively maintained.
- Verifying that the best products are used in the F&B Operation on a regular basis.
- Work closely with purchasing department to ensure better products and prices
- Review with the DoF/DHR the payroll figures and challenge the HOD's with regards to over spending and casual usage
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date
- Maintains appropriate standards for dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance, posture and conduct of team members.
- Ensure exceptional hygiene, health & safety standards in the department
- As a member of the senior hotel team, support the hotel operations as required
- Is motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
- Is flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
Alongside the professional competencies outlined below, the successful candidate will demonstrate the fundamentals of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts' Count on Me! Service Culture to Be Responsive, Be Respectful and Deliver a Great Experience. This will form the cornerstone of their approach as they carry out all tasks with the Count on Me! Building Blocks in mind: Compassionate, Engaged, Dependable, Courteous, Engaged, Inclusive, Hospitable, Prepared and Personalised. Background and Skills
- A recognized business or hospitality management qualification or a graduate degree
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an Assistant Food & Beverage Manager or Food & Beverage Manager within a similar-sized branded hotel
- Experience of managing people and effective leadership
- Four or Five star internationally managed hotel experience is desired
- Fluency in French and good level of English is essential
- A strong sense of commerciality and financial acumen
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Job Location:
Dolce Versailles,3, Rue de la Manufacture des Toiles de Jouy,Jouy-en-Josas,N/A 78350
Employment Status: Full-time Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.