Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Clearwater Beach, United States
Job Role :
Guest Relations Manager
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Guest Experience Manager
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Guest Experience Manager to join our team at the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach location in Clearwater , Florida .
The Guest Services Manager Level 1 is responsible for ensuring the operation of guest services, concierge and uniformed services/transportation in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 1 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver's license from the applicable state.
Often Sometimes Rarely Lifting up to 50 pounds x Sitting x Walking x Standing x Bending neck x Twisting neck x Bending waist (forward or sideways) x Squatting (crouch or site on one's heels) x Kneeling x Crawling x Reach above shoulder height x Reach below shoulder height x Driving x Stooping x Pushing x Pulling x Talking x Hearing x Repetitive motions x General Requirements
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Respond to all guests' requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the front desk or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assist in motivating and developing guest services associates according to Wyndham SOPs.
- Assist with the management of the interviewing process of candidates for guest services positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Provide feedback to the guest services director for associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e., flash report, allowances, etc.
- Attend daily and monthly rooms meetings.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Work at front desk, concierge, and bell desk as appropriate.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
- Work closely with accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, associate discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the guest services computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that associates maintain Wyndham SOP's in its use.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham SOP's.
- Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with housekeeping department.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the front desk.
- Follow and enforce all Wyndham hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that associates are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other associates.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Wyndham standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Monitor all VIPs, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily guest services work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham Rewards programs and offers.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8, Days Inn, Ramada, Microtel, La Quinta, Baymont, Wingate, AmericInn, Hawthorn Suites, Trademark Collection and Wyndham. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company's mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach , 100 Coronado Drive , Clearwater , Florida 33767 Employment Status: