Job Description For Housekeeping Manager
Wyndham is now seeking a Housekeeping Manager to join our team at the Wyndham Orlando Resort location in Orlando , Florida .
The Housekeeping Manager Level 2 is responsible for ensuring the operation of the housekeeping department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently maximizing service levels.
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Management experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Motivate, develop, and manage associates according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
- Manage the interviewing process of candidates and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's and procedures in department.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
- Ensure the training of department supervisors, and associates on SOP's, report preparation and technical job tasks.
- Associates must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow associates.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
- Carry a pager at all times.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Assist the department head in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham standards.
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all housekeeping and laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Wyndham procedures.
- Monitor work orders and submit to engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSDS sheets. Keep MSDS sheets current and easily available.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
- Review housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant and show rooms.
- Must maintain constant communication with guest services.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Wyndham Orlando Resort , 8001 International Drive , Orlando , Florida 32819 Employment Status: