Hotels & Resorts
Colorado Springs/United States
Job Role :
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
30 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections, as well as assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Two to three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Inspect Room Attendant's work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
- Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants' carts are clean and restocked.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
- Maintain key control.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants' carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward to Engineering. Follow through on each work order until completed.
- Assist with training of Housekeeping staff.
- Ensure completion of cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.