Job Description For Housekeeping Supervisor
Wyndham Dubai Deirais now seeking aHousekeeping Supervisorto join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The role holder will contribute to the performance of the hotel by supervising the Housekeeping team members in achieving the operational objectives of the property. The role consists on assisting the Cluster Executive Housekeeper in assigning duties, inspecting and ensuring that the hotel's facilities are maintained with exceptional standard of cleanliness and sanitary conditions meeting the hotel's requirements.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag always as per company policy.
- To conduct the daily briefing for the team members in selected area.
- Attends daily briefing with Housekeeping Management team ensuring a complete understanding of tasks for self and team members.
- To champion the company values and objectives such as CES and GFQ .
- Supervise and coordinate all team members ensuring guests receive prompt and courteous service and all areas of the operation are running as per resort standard procedures and policies.
- Supervise and inspect guest rooms, corridors, pantry, and staircase and lift landings as per standards.
- Supervise deep cleaning and special task schedules, ensuring all rooms and floor areas are cleaned as per resort standards.
- Supervise and reports to the Cluster Executive Housekeeper regarding the upkeep of furnishings, facilities, and equipment.
- Carry out good communication with team members, ensuring performance is effectively managed.
- Supervise that team attends to duty in proper uniform, on time and well groomed.
- Identifies and ensures highest possible standard of cleanliness and maintenance of guest rooms and corridors.
- Supervise usage of guest room supplies and amenities are at a realistic cost.
- Monitor and ensure Housekeeping procedures are kept updated and in accordance with health and safety policies for personnel and guests.
- Identify the low performance team members and provide all the necessary training to develop them.
- Has full knowledge of resort layout of guest rooms, corridors, storage space and back of house areas.
- Ensures all guest requirements are adhered to as per hotel standards.
- Monitors and maintains the supplies in the pantries on guest floors.
- Supervises training needs within the department and carries out on-the-job training when required.
- Is fully trained on resort emergency procedures and first aid as per hotel standards.
- Supervises the new joiners and low performers and ensure that their performance details are updated in performance link.
- Communicates and reports correctly all issues, incidents or malfunctions as per hotel standards.
- Is flexible in working hours and scheduling as per resort requirements.
- Conducting disciplinary action and coaching of team members when necessary.
- Has full knowledge of housekeeping Task allocation.
- Maintain the records of all the missing/broken inventory items in guest rooms and other allocated areas.
- Conduct the monthly project in the guest rooms and suites and maintain proper update on regularly in the project link.
- Meets guests to provide personalized service and solicit feedback.
- Meets guests to address any guest grievances and resolves them efficiently. Follows through on every complaint received, to determine the root cause and ensures that reoccurrences are avoided.
- Updates communication logs and briefs team to ensure every team member is aware of demanding guests/ high attention guests.
- Be aware of the Brand standard & GFQ classification standards and ensure that the team always abides by the set guidelines.
- Carries out any other job-related duties as requested by the department.
- Takes note of VIPs, 'Do not disturb', 'Sleep out', 'double-lock rooms' signs and take appropriate actions
- Any other duties assigned by the Cluster Executive Housekeeper
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all team members providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports of your team (associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions with direct reports
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Understanding hotel operations
- Effective communication
- Planning for business
- Supervising people
- Supervising operations
- Customer focus
- Drive results
- College or Hotel Diploma holder
- A Minimum of two years' experience as a Housekeeping Supervisor
- Excellent communication skills
- English proficient both written and verbal
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Should have the ability to motivate and to lead his team.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide. Employment Disclaimer
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.