Job Description For Houseperson
Wyndham is now seeking a Houseperson to join our team at the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic location in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania .
The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state (property specific).
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Elevator lobbies Ash urns Glass tables Furniture Ice machines/vending machines Elevator doors/frames Service landing/linen closets Stair wells Polish floors Other projects as assigned by management
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers, trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Use daily checklist to complete projects listed below as assigned.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel standards.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
- Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
- Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip beds, etc.)
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office, linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic , 400 Arch Street , Philadelphia , Pennsylvania 19106 Employment Status: