Job Description For Houseperson
Dolce is now seeking a Houseperson to join our team at Dolce Intl BMO Canada in Toronto, Ontario.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is searching for a Houseperson who will be reporting to Executive Housekeeper. Houseperson will clean and supply all assigned areas, including room attendant carts, storage rooms, and public areas. To maintain inventory of housekeeping supplies.
Education & Experience
- Basic Qualifications
• Requires basic employment skills in clerical, service, or manual areas.
• This position requires a minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum of six months job-related experience.
The offer of employment is conditional upon you having received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to your start date. When you commence employment, you will be asked to show your Ministry of Health vaccine proof before commencing employment.
Please do not email this to us as we will only observe the information and document that it has been seen. In the event you are not able to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected reason under the Human Rights Legislation, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
If you request accommodation, we will follow up with you for further information if necessary.
• Regular exposure to stresses.
• The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change.
• Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
• Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day.
• Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be unlevel, slippery, or unstable.
• Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs.
• Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials.
• Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures.
• Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Dolce.
• Position does not require travel to other Dolce properties or client locations. Work is completed on the property.General Requirements
• Always practice Great Customer Experience
• Protect the assets of the property.
• Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
• Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
• Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
• Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
• Practice the principles of the Count On Me! culture.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Dolce International is essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Recognize that despite all efforts the company makes, the ultimate responsibility for employee health and safety rests directly with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all associates to conduct their duties in a safe and healthful manner.Fundamental Requirements
• Keeps all guest corridors and stairways neat, clean, vacuumed, and dusted.
• Cleans all linen closet floors and empties trash on floors.
• Cleans ashtrays and garbage as required throughout the shift.
• Sweep and tidy patio and main entrance to the facility daily or as required.
• Stocks all Room Attendant carts with proper supplies.
• Restocks guestroom supplies in the linen closet weekly.
• Maintains inventory of all guest supplies. Delivers guest request items when assigned. Returns to Housekeeping office after guest has checked out.
• Assists the Room Attendants by removing soiled linen from the carts throughout the day. Brings to laundry room.
• Delivers linen from the laundry to the floors upon request.
• Distributed supplies to assigned Room Attendants.
• Offers all assistance possible to the guests.
• Assists during general cleaning times with tasks such as turning mattresses and removing sheers and drapes.
• Checks vacuum bag daily; emptying if full.
• Maintain radio contact with Supervisor and Front Desk
• Return lost and found items to Security.
• Conduct final inspection of hallways before end of shift.
• Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 28 of the OHSA and company/departmental health & safety policies and procedures are being followed.
• May be required to perform additional and / or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
• Follow recycle and green initiative program.
• Participating in meetings
• This job is part of a formal work team within the department.
Dolce International offers a diverse, dynamic, and thriving environment that supports career development for all of our associates.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company.We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world.Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers.We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Location: Dolce Intl BMO Canada,3550 Pharmacy Avenue,Toronto,OntarioM1W 3Z3
Employment Status: Part-time