Job Description For Human Resources Coordinator
Wyndham is now seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team at the Wyndham Philadelphia Historic location in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania .
The Human Resources Coordinator/General Cashieris responsible for assisting the HRD and other departmental managers in the day- to- day operations of the Human Resources office including clerical and record keeping duties. He/she is also responsible for responding internal and external inquiries regarding benefits, employment, policies and other HR-related issues. This position also helps support the General Cashier function.
Education & Experience
- Experience in a hotel or related industry helpful.
- College course work is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be proficient in company-approved word processing and spreadsheet applications as evidenced by the ability to troubleshoot spreadsheets and basic PC problems.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Manage existing employee files and create new ones as needed.
- Handle complaints/questions/special requests from internal guests.
- Assist with the recruitment process; conduct initial pre-screening interviews for candidates.
- Be involved in departmental and hotel training.
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log and Workman's Compensation claims.
- Assist in Wyndham Orientation.
- Assist with special projects; plan associate events (meetings, picnics, parties).
- Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with Wyndham's Hotel Group standards.
- Prepare Cash Short/Over Reports on a daily basis, and advise management on material variances in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Issue or redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the Controller. Audit cashier banks as required by Wyndham's standards. Maintain all documentation.
- Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviations to policy.
- Ensure adequate controls on the General Cashier's fund in accordance with hotel standards.
- Other duties as requested by your manager.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic , 400 Arch Street , Philadelphia , Pennsylvania 19106 Employment Status: