Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For HVAC Technician - Wyndham Garden Manama
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking HVAC Technician to join our team at Wyndham Garden in Manama,Bahrain.
The HVAC Mechanic is responsible for performing all duties associated with guest room, public space and meeeting room HVAC repair and maintenance. In addition to these duties, the HVAC Mechanic will perform duties associated with general hotel maintanance calls from guests and meeting clients, as well as repair and maintenance of other hotel equipment.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- 3-5 year of HVAC experience in hotel or related field.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- EPA Certification, required.
- Trade school and/or College course work in related field helpful.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors.
- Maintenance, repair, and installation of HVAC systems and equipment for the hotel.
- Servicing, rebuilding, troubleshooting, cleaning, modifying and operating HVAC, refrigeration, controls, equipment and related systems.
- Responding to quick calls and service as needed for air conditioning, cooler, freezers and hood systems.
- Providing complete and constant operational capabilities of all equipment and systems related to HVAC.
- Performing preventative maintenance, cleaning, and replacing supply and return air vents, maintaining insulation repairs on ducts and chilled water lines.
- Take required readings on equipment.
- Test cooling tower and record readings.
- Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Provide proper documents for ordering parts as needed for equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
- Maintaining hotel issued vehicle, tools, and equipment.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Performing other duties as assigned.