Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Sales and Marketing-PR
Location : Hammersmith, United Kingdom
Level : Supervisor
Posted : 18 Jul 2022
Job Role : Asst. Sales Manager
Recruiter : Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Job Ref : HOZ24055
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-06
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking an Interim Global Sales Administrator EMEA - Maternity Cover to join our team in London, UK.
The Interim Global Sales Administrator EMEA - Maternity Cover will be part of the Global Sales Operations team and will provide support to the Global Sales Team through a variety of administrative duties and projects. There are two key elements to this position. The first is to provide administrative services predominantly to the EMEA GSO Corporate & Transient team. The second is to coordinate/ own the Request for Proposal (RFP) process throughout the division on behalf of the team, hotels and clients.
Additional responsibilities include assisting other members of the wider EMEA Sales team on an 'as required basis'. The job holder will also be working directly with both managed and franchised hotel teams to educate, support and deliver opportunity and revenues through the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts systems.
Oversee and own the annual RFP process on behalf of the regional sales team, hotels and clients. Receive, process and prepare all RFP's for Transient & TMC/ Consortia clients, have them delivered to hotels and returned to clients in the required format by their due date:
• Implement client rate re-negotiations, own Cvent Transient and Salesforce and other RFP systems such as Ratefinding, HRS, Ratefinding RFP tool and submit rate files for loading
• Keep up to date and educate everyone involved in process enhancements, individual account status, completion, follow up etc.
2. Sales Support
• Manage non GSO managed SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) accounts and increase SME solicitation opportunities for EMEA hotels
• Provide department level administrative support to the EMEA Corporate and Transient Sales Team through:
- preparation of a variety of reports, including Client and Hotel as required
- collating, processing and loading of 'Corporate Allocation Sheets' (CARS) from Hotels into the Salesforce system
- management of client requests and 'Bed-bank' fulfilment
- supporting segment and business development projects and initiatives
3. Sales Systems, Tools and Communication
• Utilize internal and external sales systems and tools such as Salesforce Lightning, TravelClick, Cvent Transient, Birst, UpMail, SharePoint, MS Teams, ShowPad and more, and assist the team as required
• Work with the Corporate & Transient team, the Sales Operations Team Leader, and the Marketing team on the creation or update of marketing initiatives, collateral, presentations, sales content for different segments
• Maintain the Sales 'SharePoint' site with specific information as related to Corporate & Transient Sales in the division
• Coordinate sales workshops, client events and regional team meetings
• Other appropriate tasks as required by the business
4. External and Internal Relations
• Assist managed and franchised hotels in the division by providing support with regards to Global Sales, its systems (predominantly Cvent Transient) and processes
• Work closely with colleagues from all Wyndham business units and divisions to ensure the continued success of the company. Identify and nurture key constituents that can assist in the achievement of their goals. Support colleagues from all parts of the business that require assistance and effectively utilize the business tools and systems available to achieve all goals and targets.
5. Personal Development
Take responsibility for professional and personal development in preparation for 'next level' responsibilities
Scope/ Financial Responsibility
Although this position does not manage a separate cost centre, it is the responsibility of the Global Sales Administrator EMEA to manage their expenses accordingly. This person will however have their own individual revenue target and will be responsible for driving revenue to WHR properties from their client portfolio. This person will hold a level of influence amongst existing and potential clients as well as in the managed and franchisee community and will act as an ambassador for the company and our brands as we expand our visibility in the EMEA division.
The level of decision-making authority in this role is moderate depending on the task. Most tasks will be either regular ongoing/ weekly/ monthly etc. or should be requested with a full brief. RFP deadlines and content are the responsibility of each Sales Director, as are the communications with the clients regarding acceptances, declines and rate loading of each account. Regarding the RFP process, the level of autonomy on a day-to-day basis in terms of decision making is minimal. The impact of decisions will be the same as those of other members of the team, with also the same level of responsibility. This role does not have any supervisory responsibilities attached to it.
The Global Sales Administrator EMEA will not just coordinate but own the RFP process and RFP System in the division. They will be required to be the subject matter expert (SME) in the tools used (Cvent Transient) by the Sales Team, Hotels and Clients to be able to educate, train and answer questions on the tool and the process. They will manage a number of accounts and will negotiate directly with clients for the best potential agreement, prior to offering this to the hotels for their consideration and participation. They will further support the team by providing a variety of administrative services on an 'as required' basis.
Abilities/ Key Competencies/ Skills
The Global Sales Administrator EMEA position requires multi-tasking ability at a high level. The ability to prioritize workload and time sensitive requests is essential. Excellent customer service and administration skills are critical to this position, especially communication skills; written and oral. The position entails service to many customers including franchisees, the Sales Directors, internal co-workers, external contacts, the direct line manager and the Executive Leadership Team. This position requires the unique ability to operate in a team environment and work with minimal supervision, managing time effectively and maintaining control over all current projects/ responsibilities. Organizational skills are essential as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the business, taking on new ideas, initiatives, brands and responsibilities as they present themselves
• Ability to learn new tools quickly
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds and parts of the world
• Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal/ external customer situations maintaining constructive working relations
• Self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment
• Works with a high level of accountability, results orientated and dependable
• Ability to make business decisions with integrity and honesty
Experience/ Certificates/ Education
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Experience in working within a hospitality company or other fast-growing organization is required.
• Experience in working with cross-functional teams would be highly beneficial.
• At least three years' experience in using MS Office Suite is required.
• Experience in database management would be helpful.
• Knowledge of the Request for Proposal (RFP) process at the hotel level as well as experience in using Cvent Transient (formerly Lanyon), HRS and the Salesforce CRM tool would be helpful.
• Project management skills and high affinity towards data and technology would be helpful.
• Experience in hotel level administration/ co-ordination would be helpful.
• Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, an additional language is desirable.
• Must be able to travel throughout the EMEA division and beyond as required.
The incumbent will be sharing their time between the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, EMEA head office, in London, and their home office, and will report to the Team Leader - Sales Operations EMEA.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: GB Hammersmith,4th Floor, 3 Shortlands,Hammersmith,London W6 8DA
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.