Dolce is now seeking a Lead Engineer to join our team at the Dolce Silverado location in Napa , California .
The Lead Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Engineering Department including electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and HVAC systems. He/she will assume operating aspects of the hotel for the Engineering department.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- At least two years progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Trade school and/or College course work in related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge in the areas of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Previous lead/supervisory skills required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets, in a safe and acceptable state of repair.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Respond to customer care calls of non-functioning equipment immediately.
- Ensure that the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Ensure that all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per hotel standards or authority having jurisdiction.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs per Wyndham's standards.
- Review all Guest and Meeting Planner comment cards to ensure that problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the Engineering Department hotel standards.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
- Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance tasks.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location:
Dolce Silverado , 1600 Atlas Peak Road , Napa , California 94558 Employment Status: