Hotels & Resorts
Animation and Recreation
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Lifeguard - Wyndham Garden Manama
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Life Guardto join our team at Wyndham Garden Manama,Bahrain
The Swimming Pool Attendant is responsible for ensuring guest and employee safety in the pool area. He/she is also responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the pool, exercise room and pool area.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Successful completion of Red Cross or equivalent Water/Life Safety course.
- Successful completion of Red Cross or equivalent First Aid course.
- Successful completion of accredited CPR course.
- Compliance with all state and local requirements.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Proficient in water life safety techniques.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Ensure the safety and security of hotel guests and employees while in the pool area by monitoring pool usage and ensuring that all guests are abiding by published safety rules and guidelines.
- Ensure that only registered guests and their guests utilize the pool/exercise room facilities.
- As directed by the Property Engineer, maintain proper chemical and temperature levels in the pool, whirlpool, sauna, etc., to ensure guest comfort and adherence to state and local regulations.
- Ensure the safety of all exercise equipment by checking daily or as directed by the Property Engineer, if applicable.
- Ensure the upkeep, cleanliness and housekeeping of the pool area; utilize a pool area checklist to monitor quality on a regular basis.
- Ensure the cleanliness of pool restrooms/locker rooms and maintain a sufficient inventory of supplies.
- Ensure the upkeep of the pool by performing general cleaning including pool furniture.
- Assist as needed with the processing of pool area linen to ensure that a supply of towels is maintained at all times.
- Ensure the maintenance, housekeeping and upkeep of the spa/whirlpool (if applicable).
- Sweep pool area, empty ash urns and trash containers.
- Complete daily reports and logs as required.
- Complete special projects as assigned by management.
- Rescue swimmers in danger of drowning.