Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Other Department
Location : Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico
Level : Management
Posted : 29 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Job Ref : HOZ32601
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-04
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Manager, Design Construction to join our team at WHG Mexico in Ciudad de Mexico , N/A .
D&C provides design, project and technical guidance to external partners in the form of owners, franchisees, management companies and their nominated representatives (Business Partners) as well as liaising and advising internally with all departments but in particular with Development, Legal, Operations, Brand and Marketing (Internal Associates). The D&C objective is to ensure the design and construction of new build, conversion and refurbishment of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (WHR) properties is within the framework of the appropriate WHR brand standards for both managed and franchised hotels.
Responsible for reviewing architectural site plans or site assessments for potential franchised or managed new construction and conversion projects resulting in the completion of a Property Report for each proposed hotel opening or refurbishment. They will work closely with Internal Associates in the process of new hotels joining the WHR systems and will continually report progress internally via Salesforce. Where appropriate they will develop, deliver and document services in accordance with the AD&C Technical Service Agreement (TSA). These services may include, but not be limited to, design reviews, meetings and site visits, mock-up room inspections and the sign-off of completed hotels or refurbishment projects. In performing their duties, the incumbent will be expected to develop strong relationships with Business Partners, external suppliers and consultants whilst protecting WHR's brands and products. The role will involve approximately 60% travel throughout the region.
Scope and Financial Responsibility
• Manage multiple hotel projects in various stages of planning or construction
• Manage and accurately forecast the anticipated opening dates in Salesforce
• Manage consultant's proposals, contracts and invoicing, as required
• Manage own travel budget
Education & Experience
• Degree in Architecture or related construction or design discipline from an accredited college or university
• Significant experience at design firm or hospitality business
• Fluency in English is essential
• Proven experience in project management and delivery of complex projects and work-streams
Key Competencies, Skills and Abilities
• Make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and proposes creative quality solutions
• Communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, verbally, in drawings and in writing
• Conceptual design and freehand sketching ability
• The ability to read and understand information presented in drawings and architectural sketches or diagrams
• Evaluate information against a set of standards and criteria
• Read, interpret and apply laws and regulations, policies and procedures with respect for differences in culture and legislation in different territories
• Excellent oral & written communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of architectural design, particularly in the hotel industry
• Computer skills: including experience of architectural software such as AutoCAD, word processing, spreadsheet, database, project planning and scheduling to a professional level of competence
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden, Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: WHG Mexico,118 Manuel Avila Camacho Boulevard,Ciudad de Mexico,N/A 11000
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resortsmanages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resortsperforms recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels&Resortsis serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.